Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Connor Brady to the Hokies!

Connor is #10 in te 2019 big board (Flo). He is a st Paris graham product

He seems to be the kind of guy who will AA a couple of times, based on Hokies with similar credentials.

I’ve only seen him in a handful of matches, but he seems to be a solid 2nd their recruit - he isn’t going to be a multi time champion, but could be an Isaiah White/Keshawn Hayes type guy once he gets a year in the VT room.

I watched Brady wrestle a few times when he was an 8th grader and was impressed, and certainly was impressed with him in the High School matches I saw. I wanted him on tOSU, though I think  his weight was mostly covered and other weights are more pressing matters.

So with Mitch Moore and Brent Moore, Connor makes 3 former Graham wrestlers on the Hokies. That is well-played and smart. The Moore's are Vandalia Youth wrestling alumni and those guys are my home team.  Ryan Thomas, a Gopher signee is another. 

Edited by Fishhook

Everyone has different definitions for their "tiers," but I wouldn't call Brady a 2nd tier recruit. I think he's got 4x AA potential, which would be tier 1 in my book.

I think we agree then

What I meant was, this isn’t a Yianni/Spencer Lee/Gable Steveson/Mark Hall/Daton Fox type recruit

This is more of a McFadden/Isaiah White/Luke Pletcher type guy

I think we agree then

What I meant was, this isn’t a Yianni/Spencer Lee/Gable Steveson/Mark Hall/Daton Fox type recruit

This is more of a McFadden/Isaiah White/Luke Pletcher type guy

Yep, we agree.  Hard to even put those guys in a tier... they're on a different planet.  

Everyone has different definitions for their "tiers," but I wouldn't call Brady a 2nd tier recruit.  I think he's got 4x AA potential, which would be tier 1 in my book.

I read where posters will refer to a wrestler with a few AA honors as average so # 10 is second tier to many

I watched Brady wrestle a few times when he was an 8th grader and was impressed, and certainly was impressed with him in the High School matches I saw. I wanted him on tOSU, though I think  his weight was mostly covered and other weights are more pressing matters.

So with Mitch Moore and Brent Moore, Connor makes 3 former Graham wrestlers on the Hokies. That is well-played and smart. The Moore's are Vandalia Youth wrestling alumni and those guys are my home team.  Ryan Thomas, a Gopher signee is another. 

the Hokies' ability to recruit Ohio has been big in their rise to national prominence. 

You can’t really consider him a SPG wrestler. Wrestled on their Jr High team and never on their high school team. He is under rated if you ask me. He was beating David Carr this year when he broke his hand during the match, eventually losing the match and the season due to the injury. He freestyle chops are impressive also. A huge get for VT!