Sign in to follow this  
nom

Podcasts covering NCAAs

I’m surprised at the podcasts I’ve found doing a recap of NCAAs. None have been great.

Listened to Flo - they spent so much time not talking about the tourney and all the story lines. I was shocked. So little discussion and a lack of insights. Some was there but I thought they could do a lot better. Going deeper on Conel, or delving into Desanto (both glossed over) ... or analyzing some of the matches more.

Trackwrestling - also spent a ton of time on other topics like EMU. Yes, it is important, but save for another episode. Moved quickly through weights. Had some good tidbits.

T Row and Funky - non existent so far. These two have busy lives. But wondering if they will ever want to cover NCAAs in their podcast. Mizzou and Ohio State has some letdowns. After Ben and his other Mizzou buddy predicted such high out performance for Missouri it might be hard to talk about!

Listened to JB’s interview of Conel - great stuff. But didn’t see an NCAA recap.

Anyone find really good ones?

I agree, thought FRL could have dived deeper.  I mean odds are anyone listening to FRL watched the whole tournament but still could have unpacked the tournament a little more.

My speculation on TROW/FUNKY is that Ben is in the midst of applying for the Wisconsin job.  It sounds like they are doing things quick over there.  He might be going radio silent until that process is over.  Just my speculation. 

For quick reference, here's a list of all wrestling-related podcasts that I'm aware of (not just the ones on my network)

www.mattalkonline.com/directory

Recently released recap shows from Bloodround, The Inside Trip, On The Mat, T-Row & Funky

Trackwrestling has two shows regularly - Weighing In with Andy Hamilton & David Mirikitani and Mirikitani's interview show, Mat Chat. 

Inside Trip did a 2 hour show. Very good listen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. They highlighted a bunch of the guys that had impressive runs on the bottom as well. Always entertaining 

I think there’s a good mix. The podcast medium really has been able to provide another fan voice. I like listening to Kevin and Tommy with Bloodround because it’s more like the conversations I have on my own time with my buddies, who cares if a fact is wrong here or there. In large, the fan shows know what they are and they embrace it. Sometimes they get to say things I wish I could ... minus the Cox commentary.