santos

Eastern Michigan Article-Must Read

http://www.mlive.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/03/no_plans_to_cut_football_at_ea.html 

"If you are going to drop down to Division II, is that the reputation we want? We compare ourselves to a Western Michigan, a Central Michigan, a Toledo and Bowling Green. Do we want to all of a sudden compare ourselves to Oakland (Division I), Saginaw Valley or Grand Valley? Those are obviously questions the president and the board said no, we don't." 

LOL Based on attendance, it sounds like the students and community couldn't care less about what division the football program is in. Administrators are more worried about how it would make them look then doing what is right for the people they serve. They just want to be one of the cool kids on the block. Swallow your pride and make good decisions for your school and student body. 

Edited by superbowlhomeboy

As for being compared to Grand Valley, there are worse schools that you could associate with. Grand Valley is exploding in enrollment and has a tremendous football program that has very well attended games.

Why doesn’t Grand Valley move from NAIA to NCAA?

As for being compared to Grand Valley, there are worse schools that you could associate with. Grand Valley is exploding in enrollment and has a tremendous football program that has very well attended games.

yeah 4 D2 national titles in the last 16yrs. Eastern football wishes they were like GVSU.

I believe I maybe went to two eastern games the two years I went there before transferring to central Michigan. The program is just awful and the football stadium is a ways off campus if I remember correctly, so you basically had to catch a ride to the stadium. Not a fan friendly set up at all.

Edited by tec87

When responding to another post I noticed that EMU had three former players on a NFL roster and 32 players over the course of their 127 year history. Not stating that as a knock but most football players aren't going to Ypsilanti with NFL aspirations. At the same time I would assume their have been hundreds of players that became high school coaches over the years that played football at Eastern. In regards to the NFL, by comparison WMU has had 51 in 112 years and CMU has 11 current players and 24 NFL draftees over their 122 years history.