Sign in to follow this  
nom

World Cup - quality of competition

Getting back to Iran, it's really disappointing they're not competing at the Cup. I'm sure their wrestlers would have loved to compete in Iowa.

Plus the fact that Iran is the 3x defending World Cup champions (I think it's 3x?) and would have been real cool to see how many Iranian fans made it to Iowa.

And now possibly no Russia as well?   :(

Abdullah I can certainly sympathize with those affected by the Trump policies which make it more difficult to get access into USA.   I get it.      It's important to understand with change comes growing pains.   We are beginning to see the tremendous benefits the Trump administration is providing for USA and its citizens but they come at a cost.       Americans for years have suffered due to the corruption in Washington and due to the disregard for national security by liberal leaders.   We have arrived at change.   We are now at a time where a return to greatness is possible.   I urge you to exercise patience.   One day you will visit USA and you see for yourself.     But the time is not here yet.  USA is not presentable for the international neighbor to see.   We have much work to do yet.   

What nonsense.  The "tremendous benefits" of the Trump administration?  You've got to be kidding.  This administration is clueless, corrupt, pathetic and dangerous. Return to greatness?  You started this political conversation so don't decry criticism of your ideological commitments and apparent blindnesses.  

What nonsense.  The "tremendous benefits" of the Trump administration?  You've got to be kidding.  This administration is clueless, corrupt, pathetic and dangerous. Return to greatness?  You started this political conversation so don't decry criticism of your ideological commitments and apparent blindnesses.  

Ha Ha get off the computer kid.    That or say what you heard mommy going on about before you logged on.  Spit it out, I'm not thin skinned.     

USA wrecks the field in similar fashion to how Trump smashed Hillary.        

Well, getting back to Wrestling, it looks like that USA Wrestling has invited India and Mongolia to attend the World Cup. Hopefully both teams are ready to go, or can get ready, and can make it out here without anymore issues.

Ha Ha get off the computer kid.    That or say what you heard mommy going on about before you logged on.  Spit it out, I'm not thin skinned.     

USA wrecks the field in similar fashion to how Trump smashed Hillary.        

So what you're saying is, the USA will lose a few matches but win on criteria?

NCAA all-stars team would be cool replacement for Russia or Iran :D

57kg Lee

61kg Gross

65kg Retherford

70kg Nolf

74kg Hall

79kg Valencia

86kg Nickal

92kg Kent state guy 

97kg Kasper

HWT Coon

92 Cassar

97 Moore

Abdullah I can certainly sympathize with those affected by the Trump policies which make it more difficult to get access into USA. I get it. It's important to understand with change comes growing pains. We are beginning to see the tremendous benefits the Trump administration is providing for USA and its citizens but they come at a cost. Americans for years have suffered due to the corruption in Washington and due to the disregard for national security by liberal leaders. We have arrived at change. We are now at a time where a return to greatness is possible. I urge you to exercise patience. One day you will visit USA and you see for yourself. But the time is not here yet. USA is not presentable for the international neighbor to see. We have much work to do yet.

Uh...there is so much innacurate information I’m here. I don’t even know where to start.

Abdullah - you should visit America whenever you want to.

NCAA all-stars team would be cool replacement for Russia or Iran :D

57kg Lee

61kg Gross

65kg Retherford

70kg Nolf

74kg Hall

79kg Valencia

86kg Nickal

92kg Kent state guy

97kg Kasper

HWT Coon

This would be incredible

Lee would beat Gilman

I like Kasper at 97kg. I’d prefer to see Moore but I’m a Moore fan. Kasper is someone I didn’t consider.

Edited by Housebuye

The US has such a great team this year! It is a real shame that Iran and Russia will not be there. I think even if both of them bring their A teams this year USA wins it. We shouldn't have a close match this year, but winning it will seem like winning the '84 Olympics. 

Cuba! Cuba! They are bringing a great lineup. Bonne is gong to be there. I love to watch Bonne. Great wrestler. Amazing wrestling when unexpected. Would never forget his terrific leg defense where he trashed Tony Ramos -using his leg with Tony holding it up. Whoo. Damn!!!

Eagle26, on 30 Mar 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

The US has such a great team this year! It is a real shame that Iran and Russia will not be there. I think even if both of them bring their A teams this year USA wins it. We shouldn't have a close match this year, but winning it will seem like winning the '84 Olympics. 

Yes I agree, it's a shame that Iran and Russia won't be at the Cup, especially since it's being held in Iowa. Guessing it will be a fantastic venue for this event. As I said in a previous post, the Iranian wrestlers (and now the Russians too) probably would have loved to compete at Carver Hawkeye.

That being said, really hope Team USA doesn't take these other teams for granted. Still have to win it on the mat, so hope they go out there and put on a great show.

Uh...there is so much innacurate information I’m here. I don’t even know where to start.

Abdullah - you should visit America whenever you want to.

Abdullah, do not come any time soon.  And certainly not to liberal frenzy California.    It's not appropriate to even list here what those cooks are doing out west, it is that over the top in the gutter.    Give President Donald J Trump another year minimum (2 is better)  before he can clean up the dreadful liberal mess and begin turning this thing around.    We're not great, but the pieces are being put into place to get us there.   It will take time.  

USA is going to largely go unchallenged .    What a shame.