Sign in to follow this  
nom

World Cup - quality of competition

Hate to say it but losing Iran hurts my interest in this one. I can live with Russia’s JV Team not making it, but without Iran it’s an even more watered down event. At least our guys get some quality mat time against international competition.

Edited by MadMardigain

Hate to say it but losing Iran hurts my interest in this one. I can live with Russia’s JV Team not making it, but without Iran it’s an even more watered down event. At least our guys get some quality mat time against international competition.

Yeah would have been cool to see if USA could dethrone Iran at the World Cup in Iowa.

World Cup is in Iran the next 3 years?

We are beginning to see the tremendous benefits the Trump administration is providing for USA and its citizens but they come at a cost.

I have yet to see a single benefit provided by the Trump administration, I’m not sure what your talking about. All I see is him running this country into the ground.

We are beginning to see the tremendous benefits the Trump administration is providing for USA and its citizens but they come at a cost.

I have yet to see a single benefit provided by the Trump administration, I’m not sure what your talking about. All I see is him running this country into the ground.

I'm pretty down on the whole world cup thing.    Just losing steam and not feeling at all like a major event.     To your comment, I'd point to those on food stamps/welfare as one of the great changes for the American citizen.    Way down in numbers, as is the unemployment rate.     If you didn't have a job and you were on assistance prior to Trump and now that's changed, he's done wonders for you.     I point to that with pride and glee.    Tell me what he's run into the ground?   I am always eager to hear different perspectives.   

Is the World Cup going to be streamed for free?  Wasn't that the case last year?  

I guess If not, then I should buy Track's UWW season pass of $50.  Listed as $30 for just the World Cup.

Edited by LemonPie

Is the World Cup going to be streamed for free?  Wasn't that the case last year?  

I guess If not, then I should buy Track's UWW season pass of $50.  Listed as $30 for just the World Cup.

Looks like there is live streaming for free as far as I can tell.    Here is the link to the two mats:

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/world-cup-7

I just contacted Track Wrestling to ask about the cost of a one-time (two-day) viewing of the World Cup.  Their reply (below).  Damn expensive. Not that much more affordable than actually attending the event in person.  

$29.99 for the World Cup. $49.99 for the UWW season pass.

I just contacted Track Wrestling to ask about the cost of a one-time (two-day) viewing of the World Cup. Their reply (below). Damn expensive. Not that much more affordable than actually attending the event in person.

$29.99 for the World Cup. $49.99 for the UWW season pass.

VPN is a free 7 day trial. $7 a month.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty down on the whole world cup thing. Just losing steam and not feeling at all like a major event. To your comment, I'd point to those on food stamps/welfare as one of the great changes for the American citizen. Way down in numbers, as is the unemployment rate. If you didn't have a job and you were on assistance prior to Trump and now that's changed, he's done wonders for you. I point to that with pride and glee. Tell me what he's run into the ground? I am always eager to hear different perspectives.

If all sport in the US is now determined by the whims of partisan politics, regardless of who is in power, why bother having the US participate in any world competitions? My dim view of humans and humanity is again validated. Our defining feature is hating each other.

If all sport in the US is now determined by the whims of partisan politics, regardless of who is in power, why bother having the US participate in any world competitions? My dim view of humans and humanity is again validated. Our defining feature is hating each other.

And your feelings towards conservatives would best be described as...what?

I did not say I was the exception to the rule. Hating each other is what 'we' humans do best. Politics, religion, money, geography, celebrity, race, language, and literally dozens of individual issues, even something as absurd as favorite sports team. People talk about humanity as if it is a good thing. It is not, as a species we are savage AF. I figure at some point we will exterminate ourselves. Good riddance. Edited by sgallan

To directly answer your question I hate Republican Jesus and Talibangelicals for whom their religion and politics are the samething. And they don't even hide their hate for those not like them.