Sign in to follow this  
Photo24

PA Wrestling

Appears pulling away from the pack even more. 15 AAs, 4 or so champs. Without PAs Lee and Kemmerer Iowa finishes 7th. Only problem is Ohio State recruited the best from PA this year, Hoffman and Sasso, both USA # 1s. Teasdale seems "iffy". AA and not dominant but Sanderson does work miracles.  

I believe NJ has 4-5 HS kids ranked first in nation.

One of them will be beating a 4x Pa state champ this weekend.

man, it has got to be tough, right next door to PA., and every year they out perform you. And then one of your your best ever, and he is really good, gets worked in a finals. LOL Edited by sgallan

man, it has got to be tough, right next door to PA., and every year they out perform you. And then one of your your best ever, and he is really good, gets worked in a finals. LOL

NJ is one of the elite wr story no states in the country, with tons of D1 kids wrestling all over.

Better than the garbage out West.

Compare everyone from Ohio, PA, NY and NJ and it's not even close. The east was always the strongest but it's getting crazy good but the mid west will always try to claim Ohio even though you always see Ohio competing in PA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by paboom

I believe NJ has 4-5 HS kids ranked first in nation.

One of them will be beating a 4x Pa state champ this weekend.

Except when he loses.  But really nothing to be ashamed of, and even the loss at 138 was respectable.  But NJ is good.  Honestly I would rank them #3 state in the country for high school.  But, there is the Blair thing.  Some of those kids are from NJ, some aren't, so I'm never quite sure how to evaluate them and if you take Blair out of NJ, still not bad but a lot of quality gone off the top.  Just keep wrestling.

Edited by shorty1

NJ is one of the elite wr story no states in the country, with tons of D1 kids wrestling all over.

Better than the garbage out West.

Uh huh, but still not in the class of PA. Of course no state really is. Ohio makes a decent run every so often. As far as out west, Pennsylvania is better than all those states too.

I love my PA hs wrestling but i think the crop (still in hs) right now is a bit down.

The numbers are down in most regions.  More forfeits than usual.  That is consistent with the national trend so I'm not sure PA is down relative to other states, but still unnerving to see. 

Except when he loses. But really nothing to be ashamed of, and even the loss at 138 was respectable. But NJ is good. Honestly I would rank them #3 state in the country for high school. But, there is the Blair thing. Some of those kids are from NJ, some aren't, so I'm never quite sure how to evaluate them and if you take Blair out of NJ, still not bad but a lot of quality gone off the top. Just keep wrestling.

. I respectfully do not agree. The talent in NJ is upper echelon, and more so when the (Born and raised in NJ) Blair kids are included. This year, Blair had 5 nationally ranked kids from N J; Mastogiovanni’s, Colaiocco, Cannon and Merola. BTW, I think most NJ people do not see a kid like Ruth or Perry as from N J simply because they wrestled at Blair one year. Every year, a good portion of Blair studs are from N J. Further, this year NJ had 8 AA in Cleveland. The majority (Suriano, Rivera, Delvecchio, Heilman and McFadden) wrestled public. In addition, there were perhaps another 4-5 public school wrestlers in blood round. Only three AA (from N J) wrestled at private; McKenna and Kutler(Blair) and Martin (McD). The talent from NJ public is very deep and even deeper with NJ kids who choose Blair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. I respectfully do not agree. The talent in NJ is upper echelon, and more so when the (Born and raised in NJ) Blair kids are included. This year, Blair had 5 nationally ranked kids from N J; Mastogiovanni’s, Colaiocco, Cannon and Merola. BTW, I think most NJ people do not see a kid like Ruth or Perry as from N J simply because they wrestled at Blair one year. Every year, a good portion of Blair studs are from N J. Further, this year NJ had 8 AA in Cleveland. The majority (Suriano, Rivera, Delvecchio, Heilman and McFadden) wrestled public. In addition, there were perhaps another 4-5 public school wrestlers in blood round. Only three AA (from N J) wrestled at private; McKenna and Kutler(Blair) and Martin (McD). The talent from NJ public is very deep and even deeper with NJ kids who choose Blair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bergen Catholic is public?

This was definitely a weaker year by PA standards. Sasso, Beard, Hoffman, and Teasdale are the class of this year and while they are all elite wrestlers with promising careers ahead of them, I don't see a Spencer Lee, Jason Nolf, Zain Retherford, or Vincenzo Joseph among them. But then again, I didn't think Cenzo was going to be on this level coming out of HS either so what the hell do I know?