Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingFan89

SDSU Head Coach

Reader would seem like the perfect fit, but I can't blame him if he follows Bono to WI and keeps competing.  I really think he can make some noise at 79kg domestically and internationally with his style. 

Reader would seem like the perfect fit, but I can't blame him if he follows Bono to WI and keeps competing. I really think he can make some noise at 79kg domestically and internationally with his style.

Everything I’ve seen so far says Reader is going with probably because he still wants to compete himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bono moving makes sense. Hard to believe he’d be able to top the season they had this year. 14-2, seven NCAA qualifiers, and multiple AAs. How many starters were in the starting lineup this year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There were 4 seniors in the lineup, 3 of them were qualifiers, 2 AA’s and a r12.

At the time Bono was hired, Tony Ersland and Troy Steiner were applicants that were passed over. And that was to take over a program completely lacking D1 talent. This team has a returning national champion and 3 other underclassmen qualifiers. They have 2 top 40ish kids signed to NLI’s. And they have an AD strongly committed to the sport of wrestling.

Getting quality applicants is not going to be a problem.

I wonder if Mike Zadick or Brent Metcalf throw their hat in the ring for SDSU. Both have the wrestling credentials. And I know Mike has had a ton of assistant coaching experience.

Brent has less coaching experience, and Brent is only a volunteer with the Cyclones, and no doubt he would improve his financial circumstances by taking a job with the Jack Rabbits.

I wonder if Mike Zadick or Brent Metcalf throw their hat in the ring for SDSU. Both have the wrestling credentials. And I know Mike has had a ton of assistant coaching experience.

Brent has less coaching experience, and Brent is only a volunteer with the Cyclones, and no doubt he would improve his financial circumstances by taking a job with the Jack Rabbits.

Metcalf and Zadick are well paid by Cyclone RTC and Iowa State.