Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingFan89

SDSU Head Coach

Regarding SDSU staff.

You have to think with himself and Caldwell being upper weight guys he would be looking for a young lower weight guy. Also supporting Gross is very important to the program.

Given all that how about Jason Ness or Troy Nickerson? I know Troy is a head coach but him and Damion were very close. I had also mentioned bringing A.J. Schoop back but have no idea if that could work? They could all help Gross.

As good as Kyle and Gabe Dean are I doubt if they leave the Cornell fold now. Also Cam Simaz would be great but with Kyle now at 79kg these are all big guys.

Regarding SDSU staff.

You have to think with himself and Caldwell being upper weight guys he would be looking for a young lower weight guy. Also supporting Gross is very important to the program.

Given all that how about Jason Ness or Troy Nickerson? I know Troy is a head coach but him and Damion were very close. I had also mentioned bringing A.J. Schoop back but have no idea if that could work? They could all help Gross.

As good as Kyle and Gabe Dean are I doubt if they leave the Cornell fold now. Also Cam Simaz would be great but with Kyle now at 79kg these are all big guys.

Nickerson would be interesting, but would he leave a HC job for an assistant role? Things haven't gone as expected with him at Northern CO and they have had little to zero success since he's been there (not all his fault though). I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking to get out of there.

Nickerson would be interesting, but would he leave a HC job for an assistant role? Things haven't gone as expected with him at Northern CO and they have had little to zero success since he's been there (not all his fault though). I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking to get out of there.

northern Colorado will have the same amount of success as any new program — none of these programs like Arkansas or wherever will never attract top tier recruits nor ever place high team wise in 25+ years. They all are great places to earn degrees and meet friends and spouses and prepare for all the other aspects of life. There are only 10 or so schools who will ever win the team trophy. My alma mater Iowa state with all its tradition has an outside chance just to put things in perspective

northern Colorado will have the same amount of success as any new program — none of these programs like Arkansas or wherever will never attract top tier recruits nor ever place high team wise in 25+ years. They all are great places to earn degrees and meet friends and spouses and prepare for all the other aspects of life. There are only 10 or so schools who will ever win the team trophy. My alma mater Iowa state with all its tradition has an outside chance just to put things in perspective

I was referring to Northern Colorado's 3-10 dual record (1-6 at home) and the inability to put butts in the seats for home duals. The arena is basically empty when they wrestle, and I read an article a while back that all of Northern Colorado's sports teams have a problem with getting fans to attend. I think he was probably expecting that things would be going a bit better than this after 4-5 years on the job.

Edited by Coachmp