Sign in to follow this  
Pinnum

2018 Head Coach Changes

Is the Chertow suggestion sarcasm? I don’t see any way a team gives him a HC opportunity after the way he bailed on Queens midseason. And it seems like he didn’t really want to coach anyway.

Edited by 1032004

How good is he at golf though? I hear Metzger is a scratch golfer.

Speaking of Metzger, he expressed deep interest at becoming OU's HC a couple years ago, before OU hired Rosselli. Would like to see what Andre could do as HC somewhere.

Surprised Michigan made Bormet the coach. Nothing against Bormet, just I'd have expected a much higher profile guy for a B10 school that just had their best showing in years.

I thought you knew more about wrestling, Tobus Rex?  Sean Bormet is one of the best coaches(NCAA or Freestyle) in this country and nothing against McFarland, but SB "is" the brains behind that program.  He is the only choice for that job.

I thought you knew more about wrestling, Tobus Rex?  Sean Bormet is one of the best coaches(NCAA or Freestyle) in this country and nothing against McFarland, but SB "is" the brains behind that program.  He is the only choice for that job.

I don't know much about him, RP, other than he lost to Pat Smith in the NCAA finals. If he's the power behind the throne anyway, then certainly hand him the reigns. My comment was related to recruiting: how well known is Bormet to HS kids?

Big deal, he lost to Pat Smith, so did Tom Ryan.   Sean Bormet created one of the premier clubs in Overtime Wrestling, but closed it to take the coaching spot at Michigan.  He is a class guy, a great coach and we'd all turn our sons over to him at Michigan.  He will do very well.

Big deal, he lost to Pat Smith, so did Tom Ryan.   Sean Bormet created one of the premier clubs in Overtime Wrestling, but closed it to take the coaching spot at Michigan.  He is a class guy, a great coach and we'd all turn our sons over to him at Michigan.  He will do very well.

Overtime didn't close when he left. 

Well, perhaps Hahn, knows that Coach Koll isn't going anywhere in the immediate future, and maybe he feels it's time to run his own program. But if Hahn does get the SD job, hopefully he build on what Bono has started.