Sign in to follow this  
Pinnum

2018 Head Coach Changes

What's the story with Eslinger's resignation - where is he going? Any thoughts on the program since they named newly hired assistant coach Ruschell (former Wisconsin assistant) as the acting head coach? Seems like a lot for a program to endure in a short period of time.

What's the story with Eslinger's resignation - where is he going? Any thoughts on the program since they named newly hired assistant coach Ruschell (former Wisconsin assistant) as the acting head coach? Seems like a lot for a program to endure in a short period of time.

Heath took a job with the Fellowship for Christian Athletes.

Cheering for Indiana U, expecting vast improvements in the next few years.

Hasn’t been much talk on the recruiting front, so hopefully Escobedo made some nice connections in Fargo. Edited by MadMardigain

He only won one NAIA title, hence my listing of his placement in order. Not sure what you’re asking.

It seems pretty amazing to me that Chionuma won an NAIA title with a career record of 5-2-1 at Lindenwood. How small was the bracket when he won the title? What was his record just prior to the tournament?

You see what I'm saying here? 5-2-1 isn't the correct record if he was an NAIA champion. Maybe the quoted record is missing a digit in the win column somewhere. I'm assuming NAIA has qualifier tournaments like D1. 15-2-1 I could buy, but 5-2-1 kinda stinks.

Edited by TobusRex

Cheering for Indiana U, expecting vast improvements in the next few years.  

Me too. Not a Hoosier fan per se, but they deserve a better team than they've had for the last decade or so.

How the hell did Goldman hang onto his job for so long with such miserable results?

It seems pretty amazing to me that Chionuma won an NAIA title with a career record of 5-2-1 at Lindenwood. How small was the bracket when he won the title? What was his record just prior to the tournament?

You see what I'm saying here? 5-2-1 isn't the correct record if he was an NAIA champion. Maybe the quoted record is missing a digit in the win column somewhere. I'm assuming NAIA has qualifier tournaments like D1. 15-2-1 I could buy, but 5-2-1 kinda stinks.

Would it be 5th place, 2nd place, 1st place.

There weren't ties when he wrestled.....

Placed 5th, 2nd, 1st before moving on to Oklahoma State ...

Thought that was clear in the context explaining he didn’t win two NAIA titles.

It wasn't clear to me. This is what you stated: "Chewy was 5-2-1 at Lindenwood before finishing his career in Stillwater." That sounded like a W/L record to me, although I will admit to being baffled by the "tie" (Does college wrestling even have ties? if you'd have said he PLACED 5/2/1 that would've been a totally different animal.

Thanks for the clarification Jason.

Edited by TobusRex

It wasn't clear to me. This is what you stated: "Chewy was 5-2-1 at Lindenwood before finishing his career in Stillwater." That sounded like a W/L record to me, although I will admit to being baffled by the "tie" (Does college wrestling even have ties? if you'd have said he PLACED 5/2/1 that would've been a totally different animal.

Thanks for the clarification Jason.

giphy.gif

Was just using what I believed to be common nomenclature that I've read and written when breaking down career stats for two decades. 

My bad, I guess. 

Trolls gonna troll Twink, you know that.

Maybe not but I've seen you fail at it, so I know what it's not.

You are a simpleton who thinks anybody who puts something online that you don't like is a "troll".  Kinda like how the idiot in the White House calls any news he doesn't like (whether it's true or not") "fake news".

Get bent.

Edited by TobusRex

Oh, for what it's worth, and germane to the topic, Kyle Ruschell has taken the head coaching job at UTC, completing the circle (so far) for this offseason.

I'm sorry, what does "completing the circle" in this case mean? Did I miss something?

Edited by npope