Sign in to follow this  
BooHawk18

Schools you’d like to see add wrestling

We need to target schools in the Mountain and Pacific time zones to add...I am not sure how far some teams (not just DI) travel, but there is a lot of open space.

Would love to see the Pukes bring back wrestling. That athletic department isn’t exactly forward thinking, which is why they are what they are. Great school, nearly went there.

Yes, tons of kid from NOVA go there.  Pretty nice campus and town too.  Were they ever competitive in wrestling? 

Edited by jeffr_ideal

Yes, tons of kid from NOVA go there.  Pretty nice campus and town too.  Were they ever competitive in wrestling? 

They were very competitive in the old CAA (ODU, Hofstra amongst others). One of the last years I think JMU qualified 7 for NCAAs. Lots of NCAA qualifiers over the years but only 2 AAs-Kurlander in 1987 and Coyle in 2000. Program wasn't around too much longer after Coyle placed.

We need to target schools in the Mountain and Pacific time zones to add...I am not sure how far some teams (not just DI) travel, but there is a lot of open space.

Pacific you will have some talent but good luck finding enough D1 talent in the mountain zone. There is a reason why there is a lot of open space.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk