NJDan

How Good are Women

My gosh, you’re such a martyr.

Troll response noted. Your mommy must be proud at having raised a bouncing baby troll. Now shoo, go away, raise a new generation of trolls. Family heirloom type stuff. Edited by sgallan

Isn't the girls wrestling in HS doing really well with growth? I don't follow it so I have no first hand knowledge, but I see state tournaments popping up and even some national stuff in the age groups. Are girls still wrestling with the boys? We saw the Texas case where the boy won the girls state tournament but I have to believe that's an isolated situation. I'm all for the girls having their own thing but i don't believe they should exclude boys if one decides to compete against them. I haven't seen that much press for girls, ever.

In a perfect world, college wrestling grows just a little. The main stream will ruin it. We will be over run with newbs telling everyone they don't know $h!t and bombarding us with their poorly informed opinion. And the liberals will kill it with their PC culture. I'd like to see growth in terms of maybe doubling the number of teams, all fully funded. That would be perfect. I'd like to see the stands 1/2 full as an average, with the big time events standing room only. A tiny bit more coverage from ESPN but not much more. I'm pretty happy with what they give us now. `Flo for all its flaws and break downs, it's close to good enough. A direct competitor would make it great. The girls are great. Just please stop interrupting the men's events with their bouts. Have growth provide them their own events. 10 weights in the Olympics. I'd be pretty happy with that.

Can boys really beat Helen? I've never watched her wrestle. I'd be interested in seeing her in an inter gender bout provided it's a fairly evenly matched opponent.

The elite women might hang with tough boys at 112 or 106. After that we are talking almost men, and women are just over matched as in all sports where physicality come into play. Old Dirty covered this.

Seeing that some schools are letting anyone declare what "sex" they are because that is what they identify with when will we see some boys participating on the Girls teams because they "identify" with the girls?

When they do that and start beating them out for sports teams - what happens?

The guys who want to wrestle and know they don't have a prayer of making a men's freestyle team declare they identify as a woman and start wrestling the womans team?

I find your obsession with this sort of thing disturbing. But who am I to judge somebody else's fetishes.

Girls wrestling has grown tremendously in Texas. It started in 1999 and the first 20 years were girls throwing headlocks and the meanest girl won. These days there is real technical skill and the girls at the top end are every bit as committed to the sport as the boys. They wrestle year round and search out the best competition among girls while most train with Boys who are better than their best competition. In Texas every coach has to be a full time school teacher so it is extremely hard for schools to get assistant coaches who are more than coaches from another sport picking up a small check during the winter. But most wrestling programs run as one big team with the boys and girls under one umbrella like you'd see in cross country, and the girls team allows programs to get another wrestling specific coach in many cases. It's a very healthy and symbiotic relationship between boys and girls wrestling in Texas and the separate divisions works great.

And because of Texas' late arrival on the wrestling scene we are not that competitive nationally in boys wrestling (though there has been some growth in that mostly tied to a single outstanding HS). But because they were one of the first with a girls division, they have huge girls numbers and are excellent on the national girls' scene.

As is California, Hawaii, and Washington. But if the knuckleheads, who say they support the sport, but don't, had their way, it would be mid west, Pennsylvania, and folkstyle, as the only thing that matters. Edited by sgallan

As is California, Hawaii, and Washington. But if the knuckleheads, who say they support the sport, but don't, had their way, it would be mid west, Pennsylvania, and folkstyle, as the only thing that matters.

Do you realize you immediately attack anyone who disagrees with you? You do realize that you’re not always correct, don’t you?

Do you realize you immediately attack anyone who disagrees with you? You do realize that you’re not always correct, don’t you?

“Ooooh troll, mommy must be proud blah blah blah or something like that”