NJDan

How Good are Women

Your misogyny is noted. Is your contempt for women a new thing or have you always been this way?

So enjoying the idiocy of someone stating HM is the most skilled wrestler (laughed while texting this), makes me a misogynist?

Lol so predictable from a lib. Try to discredit through labels. Can’t refute the message, so attack the messenger.

I would think you of all people would understand what happens when comparing male/female wrestlers.

I love women. I’ve been happily married for years to a beautiful, educated, independent woman.

My daughter is on a scholarship for cheerleading.

I appreciate women’s athletics for what it is, but there is a segment of the population that attempts to make it far more than it is.

Lol so predictable from a lib. Try to discredit through labels.

I suppose you can see the irony of these two phrases back to back...  Although I have to agree with you, calling you a 'misogynist' based on one derogatory comment about one woman is a real stretch (I don't know your posting history).

All snarkiness aside, who do you think is a better technician than Helen Maroulis?  An honest question; I don't follow the sport at a serious enough level to throw out names, male or female.  Back in the day we used to say Dave Schultz (still gets me angry to think of that whole cascade of events); who do people consider in that same light today?

All snarkiness aside, who do you think is a better technician than Helen Maroulis?

Any starting NCAA wrestler

Any current senior male freestyle wrestler

Most top 3 state HS placers around her weight class

Edited by Cheap_Tilt

I suppose you can see the irony of these two phrases back to back... Although I have to agree with you, calling you a 'misogynist' based on one derogatory comment about one woman is a real stretch (I don't know your posting history).

All snarkiness aside, who do you think is a better technician than Helen Maroulis? An honest question; I don't follow the sport at a serious enough level to throw out names, male or female. Back in the day we used to say Dave Schultz (still gets me angry to think of that whole cascade of events); who do people consider in that same light today?

To be clear, I don’t feel I made ANY derogatory comment about HM. Stating that she’d get smoked by good HS wrestlers isn’t meant too deride, it’s simply stating a fact.

Watch nearly any NCAA match and you’ll see better technicians.

The Talent pool for women’s wrestling is tiny. Simply put, there isn’t much competition.

To be clear, I don’t feel I made ANY derogatory comment about HM. Stating that she’d get smoked by good HS wrestlers isn’t meant too deride, it’s simply stating a fact.

Watch nearly any NCAA match and you’ll see better technicians.

The Talent pool for women’s wrestling is tiny. Simply put, there isn’t much competition.

I suppose we have a different definition of technician.  Stating that she'd get smoked says nothing about her as a technician.  To use the Schultz example again, most people back in the day considered Dave a superior technician, but even Dave would tell you he'd get beat by the best heavyweights in the world.

I suppose we have a different definition of technician. Stating that she'd get smoked says nothing about her as a technician. To use the Schultz example again, most people back in the day considered Dave a superior technician, but even Dave would tell you he'd get beat by the best heavyweights in the world.

If I had to start a list of male wrestlers who are better technicians, it’d be decades before I finished.

I think you need to improve your command of the English language. Start by working on the definition of 'technician'.

We get it. You’re a fan, so enjoy it. Do not feel the need to convince others to share your opinion.

There are better wrestlers in HS rooms all over NJ, OH, PA, Il, CA, etc.

If you love women’s wrestling, good for you. I just prefer to see the sport at higher levels than the equivalent of a mediocre Hs boys tourney.

The each his own.

You of all people should know that it is impossible to simultaneously know a wrestler’s gender and level. The act of measuring one makes it impossible to measure the other.

This post in response to Heisenberg deserves more attention.

We get it. You’re a fan, so enjoy it. Do not feel the need to convince others to share your opinion.

If you love women’s wrestling, good for you. I just prefer to see the sport at higher levels than the equivalent of a mediocre Hs boys tourney.

The each his own.

You must not watch very much wrestling then.

The each his own.

I’ve coached in NJ for 17 years. There are certainly NOT better technicians than Helen Maroulis all over the state. In fact I’d say there are a big fat zero. You do realize Helen has trained with some of the best coaches in the country for quite a while correct? How many matches have you actually seen her wrestle? Are there wrestlers in her weight class that can beat her in a match, I’m sure there are, but her technique is light years beyond theres. She is a student of the game. Show some respect.

You must not watch very much wrestling then.

Are you stating women’s wrestling is done at a high level?

That the relative paucity of competition, lack of any tradition, etc doesn’t impact the finished product?

I’ve coached in NJ for 17 years. There are certainly NOT better technicians than Helen Maroulis all over the state. In fact I’d say there are a big fat zero. You do realize Helen has trained with some of the best coaches in the country for quite a while correct? How many matches have you actually seen her wrestle? Are there wrestlers in her weight class that can beat her in a match, I’m sure there are, but her technique is light years beyond theres. She is a student of the game. Show some respect.

Respect for what, exactly? It’s great that she’s a big fish in a tiny pond. It’s also great she has had the chance to pursue her goals.

I’m happy she can do so, and that she has supporters.

Just don’t demand “respect” for inflated accomplishments relative to her male peers.

I’m stating a simple response to your often-spoken concept about women’s wrestling.

If you only want to watch the best wrestling, you’re watching maybe one event a year and only selected matches at those events. I guess you have a better eye than anyone else if you’re only watching the best and by your own admission, you won’t even watch local HS wresting because it’s not up to your lofty standards.

Forgive us commoners for watching wrestling as a whole as you can’t be bothered by anything that isn’t the best. and only performed by men.

Women may be as (or even more) technically sound than men, but the difference in athleticism is so great that the entertainment value drops so much (in my subjective eyes) that I have no interest in watching women's wrestlng.  I can understand why others may enjoy it, but it's not for me.

I’m stating a simple response to your often-spoken concept about women’s wrestling.

If you only want to watch the best wrestling, you’re watching maybe one event a year and only selected matches at those events. I guess you have a better eye than anyone else if you’re only watching the best and by your own admission, you won’t even watch local HS wresting because it’s not up to your lofty standards.

Forgive us commoners for watching wrestling as a whole as you can’t be bothered by anything that isn’t the best. and only performed by men.

Thanks for creating a bs argument, then attacking it.

Good HS boys wrestling is better than anything the women put out. Period.

You like it, I assume you’ve gotten to know some of them, great.

Why is it so important for others to view things the way you do?

HM, on her very best day, gets crushed by a good HS state champ. It’s as simple as that.

If I’m the bad guy for pointing out the obvious, and somehow stinging the sensibilities of our fans of female wrestling, I apologize.

Enjoy watching the girls wrestle. Just don’t expect everyone to buy what you’re selling.

HM, on her very best day, gets crushed by a good HS state champ. It’s as simple as that.

If I’m the bad guy for pointing out the obvious, and somehow stinging the sensibilities of our fans of female wrestling, I apologize.

Enjoy watching the girls wrestle. Just don’t expect everyone to buy what you’re selling.

HM, on her very best day, gets crushed by a good HS state champ. It’s as simple as thatIf I’m the bad guy for pointing out the obvious, and somehow stinging the sensibilities of our fans of female wrestling, I apologize.

Enjoy watching the girls wrestle. Just don’t expect everyone to buy what you’re selling.=

The wrestling community is forever indebted of your ignorant fanship... crawl back under your rock.  

The only obvious that you have stated is that repeatedly comparing women wrestling to men wrestling identifies you as a moron.  At some point you must of got pinned by a girl and havent worked through it.   

Dont apologize to women wrestling fans..... We dont care about about dickheads like you....... if you dont like it ....why put yourself through the misery? 

Women wrestling ROCKS!!!!   Awesome action!  Awesome sportsmanship!  

The wrestling community is forever indebted of your ignorant fanship... crawl back under your rock.

The only obvious that you have stated is that repeatedly comparing women wrestling to men wrestling identifies you as a moron. At some point you must of got pinned by a girl and havent worked through it.

Dont apologize to women wrestling fans..... We dont care about about dickheads like you....... if you dont like it ....why put yourself through the misery?

Women wrestling ROCKS!!!! Awesome action! Awesome sportsmanship!

I’m a dickhead because I don’t like women’s wrestling, see it for the level it is, and that hurts your feelings?

Lol

I’m a dickhead because I don’t like women’s wrestling, see it for the level it is, and that hurts your feelings?

Lol

Not sure why you are a dickhead... ask your mom, maybe she raised you to have a fear women

I find it interesting that many of the folks bashing women’s wrestling here are the same ones that talk about how great the men’s light weights are and knock the wrestling ability of the bigger guys. Typical lightweight inferiority complex. Yes you can beat girls, good for you.

Couldn’t I use the same argument you guys are using about the women to say that in college 125 and 133 are awful since every single division I 184 pounder would annihilate Lee or Gross? How come you are so excited about the strength advantage when talking about girls but when you compare across weight classes that is forbidden?

Compares the girls to the girls and the 125 pounders to the 125 pounders. Because if we start talking about who would win regardless of gender or size it’s true we won’t be talking about the girls anymore but we also won’t be talking about anyone below 170