NJDan

How Good are Women

I'm not a fan of any women's sports, they're just not entertaining to me.    If i had to watch any of them it would probably be some of the Olympic events like gymnastics, or diving.  Perhaps equestrian and track.  Those can generate some excitement at times.   Not many more i can think of that I'd be able to stomach sitting through, let alone tune in to watch as a fan.    Certainly none of the combat sports.   Just too brutal.    I have no need in seeing women beaten up.    I do understand many of you do like it and I have no  issue with that.   I only wish they would stop force feeding it down fans of the freestyle men's events, by interrupting the finals with women's matches.     I'm sure women are amazing, and according to some more technical than the men.   Perhaps they deserve their own event away from the less technical men.    I'd be all for that.  

I'm not a fan of any women's sports, they're just not entertaining to me.    If i had to watch any of them it would probably be some of the Olympic events like gymnastics, or diving.  Perhaps equestrian and track.  Those can generate some excitement at times.   Not many more i can think of that I'd be able to stomach sitting through, let alone tune in to watch as a fan.    Certainly none of the combat sports.   Just too brutal.    I have no need in seeing women beaten up.    I do understand many of you do like it and I have no  issue with that.   I only wish they would stop force feeding it down fans of the freestyle men's events, by interrupting the finals with women's matches.     I'm sure women are amazing, and according to  some more technical than the men.   Perhaps they deserve their own event away from the less technical men.    I'd be all for that.  

I agree.  How dare them to infringe upon and interupt a man's sport.  No way they should enjoy the one on one, character building, physical competition that was made for men.   I can not stomach to watch them brutally take each other down.  They should know their place. There are meals to be cooked, clothes to be washed and should be bearing children during their reproductive years.

I'm not a fan of any women's sports, they're just not entertaining to me. If i had to watch any of them it would probably be some of the Olympic events like gymnastics, or diving. Perhaps equestrian and track. Those can generate some excitement at times. Not many more i can think of that I'd be able to stomach sitting through, let alone tune in to watch as a fan. Certainly none of the combat sports. Just too brutal. I have no need in seeing women beaten up. I do understand many of you do like it and I have no issue with that. I only wish they would stop force feeding it down fans of the freestyle men's events, by interrupting the finals with women's matches. I'm sure women are amazing, and according to some more technical than the men. Perhaps they deserve their own event away from the less technical men. I'd be all for that.

Not sure if you have a daughter but let’s just assume you do. You wouldn’t get the same level of enjoyment watching your daughter as you would your son?

I agree.  How dare them to infringe upon and interupt a man's sport.  No way they should enjoy the one on one, character building, physical competition that was made for men.   I can not stomach to watch them brutally take each other down.  They should know their place. There are meals to be cooked, clothes to be washed and should be bearing children during their reproductive years.

No you don't agree with me and that was a miserable effort to mock my post.     My comment is clear I want them to have their own platform to showcase their wrestling abilities.   They are more than welcome to wrestle till they're blue in the face.   I'm just not interested in watching.    I have no interest from taking wrestling or any other sport from them.    You may be projecting your own feelings here.     And that's surprising.  If I'm not mistaking you for someone else, I usually find your posts to be intelligent and insightful.  The above is downright garbage.     You've failed miserably here.   

Not sure if you have a daughter but let’s just assume you do. You wouldn’t get the same level of enjoyment watching your daughter as you would your son?

Watching my daughter?   I have 5 sons, no daughters , but numerous grand daughters.   I watch them as often as the opportunity arises.    I enjoy watching them just as much as the boys.      

I think there should be a Bobby Riggs vs Billie Jean King type match to settle this once and for all..  

That match was a work.  This was real though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karsten_Braasch

"Venus and Serena Williams had claimed that they could beat any male player ranked outside the world's top 200, so Braasch, then ranked 203rd, challenged them both. Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager".[53][52] The matches took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park,[54] after Braasch had finished a round of golf and two shandies. He first took on Serena and after leading 5–0, beat her 6–1. Venus then walked on court and again Braasch was victorious, this time winning 6–2.[55] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance". He added that he had played like someone ranked 600th in order to keep the game "fun"."

Please post a vid of a women's senior freestyle match that proves the technique level is better than the men's senior freestyle match at around the same weight class and level of competition (eg, world championships, olympics).[/quote

Go watch Maroulis’ 2017 world final. It’s not better, but it’s just as good. Foot sweep at the beginning is sweet.

AnklePicker - I just traveled out of state to watch 1 of my grand daughters show her dog at a prestigious dog show.   Two of my great grand daughters went along also.    We had a great time and although I am an animal lover and dogs in particular, it wasn't the show that appealed to me, it was the spending time with the girls and that little pooch.   Love that little bitch.    It was one of the more enjoyable times I've had with them in recent memory.    But what does watching or spending time with the females in my family have to do with the topic here? 

So you do enjoy women’s sports?

I don't enjoy women's sports in general, no.   There needs to be an element that interests me in order for me to watch the sport.   For example if my grand daughter is participating.  Shoot I'll watch them in the crochet competition if that's what they're in.   But it doesn't mean I want a crochet competition to interrupt the US open finals so that the women can throw together a blanket or a sweater and that's no matter how much skill they demonstrate while doing so.   It's just not for me.     

BS, an exciting victory in a tennis match or any sport for that matter is MUCH more entertaining than a crochet competition especially when a loved one is involved. You do like women’s sports, you just don’t even know it. Why would you want to brag that you don’t like women’s sports (even though we know you do)?

Edited by AnklePicker

No you don't agree with me and that was a miserable effort to mock my post.     My comment is clear I want them to have their own platform to showcase their wrestling abilities.   They are more than welcome to wrestle till they're blue in the face.   I'm just not interested in watching.    I have no interest from taking wrestling or any other sport from them.    You may be projecting your own feelings here.     And that's surprising.  If I'm not mistaking you for someone else, I usually find your posts to be intelligent and insightful.  The above is downright garbage.     You've failed miserably here.   

I am projecting my own feelings.   My feelings are if you dont like watching womens wrestling, Dont.  Your disrespectful comments on how women's  equestrian and track can generate some excitement...  Nearly every women match is more exciting than 99% of college hwt matches.  Did you see the Maroulis/Yoshida match?    Also your comment of having women in a separate event  just so YOU do not have to watch is very sad.   

My miserable attempt at sarcasm must have hit a nerve...   

Edited by tbert

BS, an exciting victory in a tennis match or any sport for that matter is MUCH more entertaining than a crochet competition especially when a loved one is involved. You do like women’s sports, you just don’t even know it. Why would you want to brag that you don’t like women’s sports (even though we know you do)?

I don't know that the above qualifies as bragging, we're sharing our views here.      

I can't think of a single time I turned on the television for the purpose of watching a women's sport.    I can't recall ever doing that in my life time.    Now if the TV is on and women's Olympic gymnastics comes on and my country is in the think of things, will I leave it on and watch?   Well no, I no longer support the Olympic games, but if this was years ago when I did, yeah.    Sure I'd keep it on.   I remember fondly when Mary Lou Reton his 10's across the judges to win the Olympic  gold.   May have been in the early 80's if memory serves correct.     I can recall Mary Decker tab stumbling and falling on the track at the LA games (84?) and having her dream end.   Tennis I probably wouldn't be able to stomach.      But sure, there's isolated situations where I enjoyed watching the female despite it being within the context of a sporting event.      Yeah I'm not denying that.          I certainly don't want to see the athletes beat each other up.    I don't want to see them inturupt the world gold medal final between Snyder and Sadulaev so the girls can wrestle first.     No that's just not my cup of tea, but I don't think any less of you if you like it.   In fact you're one of the board members here who I view in high regard.   You and the Abdullah boy are two of my favorites.   

I am projecting my own feelings.   My feelings are if you dont like watching womens wrestling, Dont.  Your disrespectful comments on how women's  equestrian and track can generate some excitement...  Nearly every women match is more exciting than 99% of college hwt matches.  Did you see the Maroulis/Yoshida match?    Also your comment of having women in a separate event  just so YOU do not have to watch is very sad.   

Hit a nerve?

Ahahaahahahahahhahhahahaahaahahhahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhaaha!!!!!!!

You must not have follow my postings over the years.   I don't care if you never post here again, let alone do I put any stock into the times you do.      You could leave forever and I wouldn't even notice.    Now I fully recognize many on this site absolutely take to heart what others post, and I find it entirely entertaining.   But hit a nerve because you so badly created your post above?         You may be projecting again.    

I hope you find that woman that will cook and clean and stay pregnant in the kitchen.   I hope you enjoy it till you're pink from eye to eye.     I have no ill will for you.        Happy Easter.     

You know, in the interest of transparency I do have to come clean.     My grandson sent me a link to that lingerie women's football league they have in arena's across various cities and I was entertained for the duration of the video.    I wont post the link here because it may not be appropriate for some of the younger viewers, but it's easily found with a google search.    I don' think they televise those games (I don't know actually) but if they do, I would be interested in having my DVR set to record them so I can later watch in my free time.    Those girls are entertaining. .  Yes you are correct, that is 1 women's sport I have enjoyed in the recent past and one I would look forward to watching again.      

But even that I don't  want interrupting the freestyle events.    It just does not belong no matter how much I enjoy it.  

In this thread: People who like women's wrestling trying to convince everybody else that their opinion is the correct one and then criticizing/shaming others when they don't agree with their opinionl

Maybe......Im not trying to convince anyone to watch .....  just defending the sport of womens wrestling and the opinion that  the value it has in instilling the same confidence, work ethic and character as it does in men.  I dont care if anyone else watches it..   just respect the participants who put in the same effort as the other sex.

Hit a nerve?

Ahahaahahahahahhahhahahaahaahahhahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhaaha!!!!!!!

You must not have follow my postings over the years.   I don't care if you never post here again, let alone do I put any stock into the times you do.      You could leave forever and I wouldn't even notice.    Now I fully recognize many on this site absolutely take to heart what others post, and I find it entirely entertaining.   But hit a nerve because you so badly created your post above?         You may be projecting again.    

II hope you find that woman that will cook and clean and stay pregnant in the kitchen.   I hope you enjoy it till you're pink from eye to eye.     I have no ill will for you.        Happy Easter.     

I do read  and enjoy your  most of your posts.,,,,but not your one I responded to with sexItst overtones... apparently you put too much relevance in your own postings  as nobody will miss anybody on here..... believe it or not, even you.    Possibly I was reading too much in between the lines  in your post, but judging  by your defensive attack, maybe not.

Yep ,,, I hit a nerve , .Prop\bably a bad attempt at sarcasm, But definite hit a nerve.    

thanks for the Easter wishes, but I do not participate.  The thought is well taken though.  Peace.

Maybe......Im not trying to convince anyone to watch .....  just defending the sport of womens wrestling and the opinion that  the value it has in instilling the same confidence, work ethic and character as it does in men.  I dont care if anyone else watches it..   just respect the participants who put in the same effort as the other sex.

giphy.gif

I do read  and enjoy your  most of your posts.,,,,but not your one I responded to with sexItst overtones... apparently you put too much relevance in your own postings  as nobody will miss anybody on here..... believe it or not, even you.    Possibly I was reading too much in between the lines  in your post, but judging  by your defensive attack, maybe not.

Yep ,,, I hit a nerve , .Prop\bably a bad attempt at sarcasm, But definite hit a nerve.    

thanks for the Easter wishes, but I do not participate.  The thought is well taken though.  Peace.

Thank you for the feedback.   Yes it was you who I was thinking about earlier.   A reasonable, bright member of the board who posts good comments and perspectives.     

I do believe you read to much into my posts.  I love women and I am all for their success.  My grand  daughters as mentioned above for example were involved in all sorts of sports growing up and now the great grand daughters.   Most on them participate(d) in some form of sport and I've always been supportive, even helping out with fund raisers.    But of course they interest me, they're my family.   And no I never wished to keep women down as you stated, perhaps yeah that may have hit a nerve  now that I consider it since that's entirely against how I feel or believe.   

As for the women wrestlers, it's just not my cup of tea.  I don't want to stop them or deprive them of any of what you listed above.   Good for them.    I just don't like going to the men's events and then having to sit through women's matches.   If that makes me a bad guy, at my age I don't much care at all.    

Again thank you for the reply.   

ahhahha u compare the Olympic finals with college matches???? LOL 

You know, in the interest of transparency I do have to come clean.     My grandson sent me a link to that lingerie women's football league they have in arena's across various cities and I was entertained for the duration of the video.    I wont post the link here because it may not be appropriate for some of the younger viewers, but it's easily found with a google search.    I don' think they televise those games (I don't know actually) but if they do, I would be interested in having my DVR set to record them so I can later watch in my free time.    Those girls are entertaining. .  Yes you are correct, that is 1 women's sport I have enjoyed in the recent past and one I would look forward to watching again.      

But even that I don't  want interrupting the freestyle events.    It just does not belong no matter how much I enjoy it.  

Cletus. U are #2 reason why i open up board...LOL...but i respect women's fs. Olympic finals 2016 in women's freestyle were GREAT!