• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:17 AM

1) Lock Haven 

2) Pitt-Johnstown

3) Edinboro

4) Iowa City Community College -> IOWA

5) Renzo Gracie Philly BJJ Studio

The thread on the "rumor" of DeSanto's transfer has devolved into questions of his mental health, so let's make a new  on about where he'll actually end up. I bet he sticks with a smaller scale PA school like Edinboro or Lock Haven, but IOWA does need a 133... 

Iowa fans are still arrogant; it's just that their team isn't as good.

#2 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:34 AM

Is there any actual news on him leaving drexel yet?
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#3 spladle

spladle

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:39 AM

I suspect he is done with college wrestling.

#4 Frank_Rizzo

Frank_Rizzo

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:44 AM

https://www.flowrest...ase-from-drexel

Flo now reporting he's received his release. 

"I don't like the sport of wrestling as you know.  It's a low sport.  And I don't like to see you being low."

#5 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:46 AM

Hopefully to a team with a quality sports psychologist handy to help him reign in some of those competition related emotions.

#6 AnklePicker

AnklePicker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:52 AM

Surprised Cael has already met with him

#7 redblades

redblades

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:01 AM

Surprised Cael has already met with him

Not really.  He's done this before.

• cbg likes this

#8 VakAttack

VakAttack

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 23,947 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:19 AM

CP just Tweeted that Iowa is visiting him today, Nebraska also in the mix.

Collegiate Wrestling's Premier Thought Leader

#9 pawrestler

pawrestler

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:27 AM

Surprised PSU is visiting him when they have RBY Teske and Teasdale coming in. He certainly has the pace for the classic Iowa style. I would love to see what the Brands could do with that. 

#10 BobDole

BobDole

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:33 AM

Surprised PSU is visiting him when they have RBY Teske and Teasdale coming in. He certainly has the pace for the classic Iowa style. I would love to see what the Brands could do with that. 

You can never have too many 133's.  Adding Desanto can put a little ease on throwing the others out as true freshmen and give them some leeway to play with redshirts.

• pawrestler likes this

#11 Tofurky

Tofurky

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:35 AM

Does anyone know the circumstances for his request for a release? Did Azevedo speak with him after the tournament and Austin didn’t like what he heard? Did the coaching staff approach DeSanto with the idea and he felt he had no other options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 TripNSweep

TripNSweep

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,184 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:38 AM

RBY is taking a year off at the OTC.  

• pawrestler and rlw028 like this
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Contrary to what you've just seen, war is neither glamorous nor fun. There are no winners, only losers. There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: The American Revolution, World War II, and the Star Wars Trilogy. If you'd like to learn more about war, there's lots of books in your local library, many of them with cool, gory pictures.

#13 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:50 AM

I'll be surprised if he doesn't go to Iowa. Best training partner in the country in Lee, a hole in the lineup at 133, and a team the consistently puts light weights in the finals.
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#14 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:05 AM

Hope he ends up at Iowa. PSU has enough high level 133 pounders. I don’t want one of them to sit.

Iowa also has a need there and I think the Brands have the right style to get through to a guy like DeSanto.

I am a bit concerned that he will hurt Lee in practice though. That would suck.

Nebraska is an interesting one too. He would have solid training partners there. I imagine Renteria and Red would move up.

#15 ClawRide

ClawRide

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:15 AM

I'll be surprised if he doesn't go to Iowa. Best training partner in the country in Lee, a hole in the lineup at 133, and a team the consistently puts light weights in the finals.

I had to read "a hole in the lineup" twice to get the right thought.  I get it now.  You weren't being mean.

#16 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:23 AM

No that would be if he goes to Iowa *ba doom tshhh*

#17 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:25 AM

Actually I just want to say I have not flip flopped on desanto at all. I got berated for defending desanto during the Ncaas. I would have then and still would be pumped if desanto came to Iowa.
  • stonerd7 likes this

#18 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:51 AM

I almost think Sanderson is more interested in keeping him away from Iowa as much as getting him. If they get him and he turns out to be nuts they just dump him and no one gets him. Better scenario then Iowa all of a sudden looking like a legit contender...

• lu_alum likes this

#19 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:57 AM

...a legit contender that attracts Pennsylvania talent

#20 NYWRESTLER94

NYWRESTLER94

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:45 AM

PSU needs DeSanto like I need a toothache, I actually hope he goes to Iowa. Could make for an interesting team race in the future
  • tightwaist likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users