I feel like something outside of the Big 10 is the best fit for this kid. When he has to face AA caliber competition match after match I don't think that bodes well for his issues. Regardless if they're medically related or if he's just a punk.

I hope Iowa even though there is zero evidence he is willing to leave SE PA.

I have no problem with Iowa being the bad guy in D1 wrestling, especially if they can win a title in 1-2 years.

Would make everything more interesting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If Suriano would stay at 125, Rutgers would be a good fit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Or even a redshirt + move to 141. It might drive him crazy at times, but I think a redshirt year would be ideal.

Carlton Hasselrig had a troubled frosh year at Lock Haven. Decided to go home and go D2. I think that worked out ok for him.

So DeSanto maybe to Kutztown (about 20 miles) or Millersville (about 30 miles) 

Or D3 (Delaware valley, Ursinas, Muhlenberg)  Albright is reight near but they dropped their problem (not that long ago I think)

I kind of want to see him go to Iowa State since Kanen Storr left. However, I really don't know if leaving the area is what's best for him - if living at or close to home wasn't so important, Desanto would probably have committed to a different program coming out of hs. And I really don't know if Iowa State (or Iowa, or Penn State or whatever) can or cannot provide him with the environment and tools to be successful. Discipline and structure will be good, but I'm not sure if tough love and ultimatums will be as effective as close monitoring, reinforcement and coping or de-escalation tools. The coaching staff will have to really work with him and push him in the right way. I hope he finds a good home.

I feel like something outside of the Big 10 is the best fit for this kid. When he has to face AA caliber competition match after match I don't think that bodes well for his issues. Regardless if they're medically related or if he's just a punk.

Or the best thing for him could be to have that level of competition regularly...

I'll be surprised if he goes to Iowa. Best team  in the country is in state, there's a need in the lineup at 133, and a team the consistently puts a number of guys in the NCAA  finals.  Penn State would be like winning the lottery for this kid.  

But I'd rather see him elsewhere.   Cael doesn't really need him and they have a very good thing going over there.    There are plenty of teams who could benefit from DeSanto's talents and who can afford the risk a kid like him brings.     

#1 choice Lock Haven Bald Eagles.    One of my favorite teams and a place known as a landing spot for wrestlers looking for a different environment to best fit their needs.   

#2 Iowa State.   I love what they are looking to build over there and with the cup board relatively dry, they can start at ground zero.      Bring DeSanto in and get him some structure, some guidance, and some direction.    I'm not entirely clear on what his issues are specifically, but if he's having trouble coping at the time, lets get him a support group.  Lets find him reason to be happy and a sense of purpose.  

#3 Arizona State.   Perhaps a change of scenery out west could do him some good.  Jones is a great communicator and they teach great technique over there in sunny Arizona.     Maybe he's just a little depressed with his surroundings.    Have you seen the females at ASU?  Does he like females?    Short leash on the kid if so, don't want him with 5 baby momma by his junior year.     

#4 Fresno State.    In keeping with the theme out west, a fresh start at a school getting a fresh start of its own.   

Wish this kid the best.   

He seems more naturally the heel....I always felt Gilman was trying to perform and it came out forced and unnatural.  Desanto will go out there, yell at his coaches, break a guys arm, and then look at the ref like he's confused on what he did, and the Iowa fans are going to eat. it. up.

I'll be surprised if he goes to Iowa. Best team in the country is in state, there's a need in the lineup at 133, and a team the consistently puts a number of guys in the NCAA finals. Penn State would be like winning the lottery for this kid.

But I'd rather see him elsewhere. Cael doesn't really need him and they have a very good thing going over there. There are plenty of teams who could benefit from DeSanto's talents and who can afford the risk a kid like him brings.

#1 choice Lock Haven Bald Eagles. One of my favorite teams and a place known as a landing spot for wrestlers looking for a different environment to best fit their needs.

#2 Iowa State. I love what they are looking to build over there and with the cup board relatively dry, they can start at ground zero. Bring DeSanto in and get him some structure, some guidance, and some direction. I'm not entirely clear on what his issues are specifically, but if he's having trouble coping at the time, lets get him a support group. Lets find him reason to be happy and a sense of purpose.

#3 Arizona State. Perhaps a change of scenery out west could do him some good. Jones is a great communicator and they teach great technique over there in sunny Arizona. Maybe he's just a little depressed with his surroundings. Have you seen the females at ASU? Does he like females? Short leash on the kid if so, don't want him with 5 baby momma by his junior year.

#4 Fresno State. In keeping with the theme out west, a fresh start at a school getting a fresh start of its own.

Wish this kid the best.

Yeah, why would he go to Iowa? It's not like they have had any success at 133 since Brands took over.

If, he goes to Iowa, they become a legit threat to Knock off PSU this season.

Carlton Hasselrig had a troubled frosh year at Lock Haven. Decided to go home and go D2. I think that worked out ok for him.

So DeSanto maybe to Kutztown (about 20 miles) or Millersville (about 30 miles) 

Or D3 (Delaware valley, Ursinas, Muhlenberg)  Albright is reight near but they dropped their problem (not that long ago I think)

True but, at D2 UPJ, Hasselrig still had the oppty to win D1 titles.  That won't be the case for DeSanity at Kutztown, Millersville, or any of the D3 schools you've listed. 

Yeah, why would he go to Iowa? It's not like they have had any success at 133 since Brands took over.

If, he goes to Iowa, they become a legit threat to Knock off PSU this season.

They do?   You keep saying that.    Penn state hasn't  got knocked off yet.   But DeSanto is the guy who will do it.  Ha Ha, enjoy your evening and thanks for the laughs.  That was funny, even for you.