GranbyTroll

DeSanto to...

Well this is kind of tough, he is from Pennslyvania, some he may want to stay home, and be part of a program ( Penn St. ) that seems like there is no end in sight to the success they are having. So he gets to be a part of all that, as well as getting coached by Cael and his great staff. He will also no doubt get an upgrade in workout partners.

However, Iowa has Spencer Lee, and Austin may be thinking that if he goes to Iowa he will get to train everyday with the Champ, and a World Silver medalist in Gilman. Add in a friendship with Spencer, and this might be enough to cause him to move to Iowa City.

But now that I said all that, I could see him heading off to NJ, and becoming a Scarlet Knight. Thinking that he will have Suriano to train with, and the two of them could provide a powerful one two punch for a program seeking to challenge the other top programs in the country.

Well this is kind of tough, he is from Pennslyvania, some he may want to stay home, and be part of a program ( Penn St. ) that seems like there is no end in sight to the success they are having. So he gets to be a part of all that, as well as getting coached by Cael and his great staff. He will also no doubt get an upgrade in workout partners.

However, Iowa has Spencer Lee, and Austin may be thinking that if he goes to Iowa he will get to train everyday with the Champ, and a World Silver medalist in Gilman. Add in a friendship with Spencer, and this might be enough to cause him to move to Iowa City.

But now that I said all that, I could see him heading off to NJ, and becoming a Scarlet Knight. Thinking that he will have Suriano to train with, and the two of them could provide a powerful one two punch for a program seeking to challenge the other top programs in the country.

I don't think he and Lee are friends. Lee respects that DeSanto did what he had to do and beat him at state.

Regarding PSU: that would be a superb move for DeSanto. He'd have the other Lee to workout with, who is also a weight bigger. I'm sure he'd get beat up most the time by Lee, actually.

They do? You keep saying that. Penn state hasn't got knocked off yet. But DeSanto is the guy who will do it. Ha Ha, enjoy your evening and thanks for the laughs. That was funny, even for you.

There is a difference between being a threat and being on par, let alone the favorite.

125:Lee-highest returning NCAA scorer.

133:DeSanto-r12 with a win over the returning runner up.

141:Murin-rs fresh with low AA capability.

149-Lugo-pinned the highest returning AA.

157-Kemerer-the best not named Nolf at the weight.

165:Marinelli-AA with a win over the 2x defending champ.

174:young/Gunther/Bowman-the weak Link and should still qualify and get a win or 2 min.

184:Wilcke-2x R12 at weight above.

197:Warner-expect a 1st season similar to Marinelli's.

285-Stoll-highest returning AA, if Dhesi forgoes his last season.

If you don't see that team as a legit threat, you don't know wrestling.

I know all about it.  I can see the Brands recruiting phone call.  

Now listen DeSantoe, we can be a threat!  A legit threat!    I'm not going to say we are on par or even the favorite.   I wont lie to ya, but it you come to Iowa City, we're a threat!   

I'm sure he'll be on his way to be part of that threat.   lol keep them coming you're on fire tonight!  

There is a difference between being a threat and being on par, let alone the favorite.

125:Lee-highest returning NCAA scorer.

133:DeSanto-r12 with a win over the returning runner up.

141:Murin-rs fresh with low AA capability.

149-Lugo-pinned the highest returning AA.

157-Kemerer-the best not named Nolf at the weight.

165:Marinelli-AA with a win over the 2x defending champ.

174:young/Gunther/Bowman-the weak Link and should still qualify and get a win or 2 min.

184:Wilcke-2x R12 at weight above.

197:Warner-expect a 1st season similar to Marinelli's.

285-Stoll-highest returning AA, if Dhesi forgoes his last season.

If you don't see that team as a legit threat, you don't know wrestling.

MSU, it is truly amazing how arrogant you are as you speculate and give opinions not supported in fact and then claim people don't know wrestling if they don't agree.

Here are some objective lineup comments:

125:Lee-highest returning NCAA scorer.   True

133:DeSanto-r12 with a win over the returning runner up. Lost to multiple guys ranked below him in post season. 133 is deep and DeSanto has some issues, maybe needs a redshirt, no guarantees he improves

141:Murin-rs fresh with low AA capability.  No evidence he could be an AA, same empty speculation that was used for Young going into last year. 141 very deep again.

149-Lugo-pinned the highest returning AA. No AA in two NCAAs including the year he upset Sorenson.

157-Kemerer-the best not named Nolf at the weight. 3-4 ncaa finishes for the "second best"

165:Marinelli-AA with a win over the 2x defending champ. 6th at NCAAs, 4 ahead return

174:young/Gunther/Bowman-the weak Link and should still qualify and get a win or 2 min. Young couldn't beat out Gunther that went 0-2. No evidence Bowman can make 174.

184:Wilcke-2x R12 at weight above. 184 is much deeper than 197 and there is no evidence 184 is a better weight for him.

197:Warner-expect a 1st season similar to Marinelli's. Lost to Wilcke, finished 6th at Midlands. Possibly rides bench if Wilcke doesn't drop.

285-Stoll-highest returning AA, if Dhesi forgoes his last season..... and if Dhesi returns he isn't and he lost twice to Nevills and Steveson may start next season.

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Why are regular posters engaging with Cletus like he's a real person and not a gimmick account?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seriously, how can people not see this after years and years of intentionally contrarian trolling?    Enjoy the entertainment value or put Cletus on ignore, stop letting him or her steer the discussion. 

Iowa staff just arrived in SE PA.

michigan-camper1.jpg

That is much nicer living accommodations than what it was reported Brinzer lived in during one Iowa winter.

It has been reported that things were not good with Austin and the Drexel coaching staff during the EIWA Tournament.  Tension between an elite athlete and his coaches will often cause both parties to act in ways they would not normally behave.  

Edited by cbg

How does Desanto’s behavior compare to the Jon Trenge story?

I thought Lehigh handled him well...

Trenge’s behavior was usually a reaction to people messing with his goggles. Hands to the face was definitely a strategy against him. Desanto’s behavior appears to be a reaction to getting beat. Big difference.

I understand that point, however it was still a reactionary behavior that reflected poorly on him and the university. I thought is was handled well.

I agree, they worked with Trenge and got him counseling and he was able to change his behavior.

Trenge’s behavior was usually a reaction to people messing with his goggles. Hands to the face was definitely a strategy against him. Desanto’s behavior appears to be a reaction to getting beat. Big difference.

That's true but it was an anger management situation brought about by issues in his past described in the movie Veritas. Similar to what some people are saying about AD- not an excuse but something to try to understand. I don't understand either but JTs situation was likely brought about by external circumstances (recent and past) whereas ADs appears to be related to internal issues. Not sure it can be handled in the same fashion. And even in JTs situation, I don't think he was the same wrestler after being pulled. He lost some aggression (obviously).

MSU, it is truly amazing how arrogant you are as you speculate and give opinions not supported in fact and then claim people don't know wrestling if they don't agree.

Here are some objective lineup comments:

125:Lee-highest returning NCAA scorer. True

133:DeSanto-r12 with a win over the returning runner up. Lost to multiple guys ranked below him in post season. 133 is deep and DeSanto has some issues, maybe needs a redshirt, no guarantees he improves

141:Murin-rs fresh with low AA capability. No evidence he could be an AA, same empty speculation that was used for Young going into last year. 141 very deep again.

149-Lugo-pinned the highest returning AA. No AA in two NCAAs including the year he upset Sorenson.

157-Kemerer-the best not named Nolf at the weight. 3-4 ncaa finishes for the "second best"

165:Marinelli-AA with a win over the 2x defending champ. 6th at NCAAs, 4 ahead return

174:young/Gunther/Bowman-the weak Link and should still qualify and get a win or 2 min. Young couldn't beat out Gunther that went 0-2. No evidence Bowman can make 174.

184:Wilcke-2x R12 at weight above. 184 is much deeper than 197 and there is no evidence 184 is a better weight for him.

197:Warner-expect a 1st season similar to Marinelli's. Lost to Wilcke, finished 6th at Midlands. Possibly rides bench if Wilcke doesn't drop.

285-Stoll-highest returning AA, if Dhesi forgoes his last season..... and if Dhesi returns he isn't and he lost twice to Nevills and Steveson may start next season.

I stand 100% by what I Said and EVERYTHING I stated was factual. Not thinking they are a threat to win is ridiculous. That doesn't mean PSU isn't still a favorite. However, this team has the POTENTIAL with DeSanto at 133 to truly challenge PSU. If you don't at least see that, it is more than fair to say you don't know wrestling without being arrogant.

125-we agree cuz there is no way in hell you can't.

133-if he comes to Iowa, he will be in the best 133 room in the country, with the best practice partners and coaching. I am not saying he wins it all, but 10 or so extra points makes this Iowa team dangerous.

141:Murin has proven to be ahead of Turk and he wasn't far from AAing. Saying he has low AA potential is more than fair.

149:Did I ever say he was a sure fire AA? But, contrary to your baseless statement, what I said about him was 100% factual.

157: your argument is similar to how stupid the Lee took 6th place at Midlands proved to be. Injuries are the only reason he wasn't in the Finals. Hats off to Nolf as he is so fricking good even an injury couldn't stop him.

165:how is calling him an AA with a win over Joseph not factual?

174:the best out of Young/Gunther/Bowman isn't likely to win a match or 2?

184: Wilcke isn't a 2x r12 at 197?

197: didn't you argue with me over Marinelli trying to use his Midlands results while redshirting against him as well? How did that turn out? wanna bet that Warner at least matches what Marinelli did this year?

285: Huh?

This team is poised to be a similar threat to PSU as tOSU was this past season. Now, PSU is still too top heavy to pick against, but they will absolutely be pushed by Iowa.

The main thing was at 10:55 in the match with the arm lock, but there were several slaps and shoves.

https://youtu.be/Wlov6C5rx2Y

It took the refs a long time to award 1 point for pulling on the headgear.  They almost didn't award it.  

That was actually worse than I remembered, like the shot after pulling his headgear off, after the whistle was blown.  

I'm not sure why so many programs want him after this.  Plus what was his corner supposed to say when he was down 10-1?  He pretty much does the same move from neutral every time.