GranbyTroll

DeSanto to...

I think DeSanto ends up at Iowa, or possibly Rutgers.  I know Pyles mentioned he wants to go 141lbs but I think he'd be a good fit at 133lbs at Iowa.  Iowa needs Murin at 141lbs.  He could slot in at 141lbs at Rutgers, though.  Having Suriano and DeSanto as an early 1-2 punch would be nice for them.

Autism is a difficult issue to understand. I worked with autistic children that exhibited behaviors that were difficult to understand. For some, they were repetitive and impossible to prevent. There are degrees of autism. Some autistic people are highly intelligent and others are mentally challenged. April is Autism Awareness Month. When trying to understand autistic people, please show compassion.

State championships = states.

Olympic games = Olympics.

Big Ten tournament = Big Tens.

Not hard.

Wrong.  There is only ONE state and not "states".  DF is a "State Champion" not a "States Champion."  Nobody is a "Four-Time Big TENS Champ"  they are a "4-Time Big Ten Champ".     Randy Lewis is an Olympic Champ...not an "Olympics Champ."   Only cheerleaders call it 'states'.

Wrong.  There is only ONE state and not "states".  DF is a "State Champion" not a "States Champion."  Nobody is a "Four-Time Big TENS Champ"  they are a "4-Time Big Ten Champ".     Randy Lewis is an Olympic Champ...not an "Olympics Champ."   Only cheerleaders call it 'states'.

Correct, but they wrestled at STATES, BIG TENS and the OLYMPICS.

Wrong. There is only ONE state and not "states". DF is a "State Champion" not a "States Champion." Nobody is a "Four-Time Big TENS Champ" they are a "4-Time Big Ten Champ". Randy Lewis is an Olympic Champ...not an "Olympics Champ." Only cheerleaders call it 'states'.

Is the event where Jads had his medal stripped for doping called world or worlds? Do you call the NCAA championships “NCAA” or “NCAAs”, “national” or “nationals”??? Edited by Billyhoyle

Makes sense since PA is multiple states.

Choose any four state tourneys, and have the winners wrestle off in a mini-tourney to determine the ‘multi-states champ’ at each weight class.

Then take the ‘multi-states’ champs and put them in a dual with either the PIAA AA or AAA champs... the PA team would win every time.

So, I guess a PA state title is the equivalent of “multiple states”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by lu_alum

I hate the term "States" too, but maybe this is one way to looks at it.

Indiana and California have only one state championship series.  The last day of the season there is only one tournament running.  In Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, etc.. there are multiple tournaments running at the same time, so maybe going to "States" makes some sense.  

Autism is a difficult issue to understand. I worked with autistic children that exhibited behaviors that were difficult to understand. For some, they were repetitive and impossible to prevent. There are degrees of autism. Some autistic people are highly intelligent and others are mentally challenged. April is Autism Awareness Month. When trying to understand autistic people, please show compassion.

Autism has nothing to do with intelligence or lack of it.