GranbyTroll

DeSanto to...

Who in the sam hill calls dressing, gravy?

Thinking the same thing. Tomato sauce is called gravy by some Italians, especially in Jersey.

Gravy and macaroni I believe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by paboom

If he has a disorder, autism or otherwise, that doesn't enable or allow him to compete in the sport without trying to hurt people using illegal holds (interestingly enough, this only happens with he's losing), then he shouldn't be allowed to compete. Period. Wrestling isn't a counseling session and it isn't a social service. He needs to be able to control himself, the sport of wrestling doesn't exist to serve Desanto.

This, I have worked with several autistic or asbergers kids over the years. They don't always get context, but they do understand boundaries.

my bride got hotel reservations directly across the street from the arena in Pittsburgh just a few days ago. Tried last week and it was no dice. So keep checking if you are looking to stay close. I look forward to the National Tourney every year.

Hilton opened up reservations for their properties about two weeks ago.  Currently holding three separate reservations, the closest of which is 1.6 miles away.

Cambria Suites is now running about $1,025 per night.  That would not be one of my reservations.

Edited by lu_alum

sauce?

the difference between dressing and stuffing is that one is cooked in the cavity of a chicken or other vessel. 

Gravy is a sauce that is produced from fat whatever else renders out of a roast, so I say the answer is sauce.

Dressing is to stuffing as gravy is to...

Edited by hammerlockthree

Hilton opened up reservations for their properties about two weeks ago.  Currently holding three separate reservations, the closest of which is 1.6 miles away.

Cambria Suites is now running about $1,025 per night.  That would not be one of my reservations.

ours is Marriott across the street from the arena $228

Thinking the same thing. Tomato sauce is called gravy by some Italians, especially in Jersey.

Gravy and macaroni I believe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Living in New jersey I've heard people use both "sauce" and "gravy".

It depends on what part of Italy their relatives are from.

Usually,people from southern Italy and Sicily call it gravy.

When I was a kid,everybody called any pasta macaroni.

Haven't heard it called that in a while.

Edited by rpbobcat

Haha, I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this debate, but I think people say "state's" because they're using it as a possessive and not a plural.

Like, they're not talking about multiple states or several tournaments within the state tourney; they're saying "state's" as a shorthand for "my state's tournament". Same way that "Big Tens" is actually "Big Ten's" or "the Big Ten's tournament" and "NCAA's" is "the NCAA's D1 wrestling tournament".

Haha, I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this debate, but I think people say "state's" because they're using it as a possessive and not a plural.

Like, they're not talking about multiple states or several tournaments within the state tourney; they're saying "state's" as a shorthand for "my state's tournament". Same way that "Big Tens" is actually "Big Ten's" or "the Big Ten's tournament" and "NCAA's" is "the NCAA's D1 wrestling tournament".

No, it's states (no apostrophe). The District XI forum has a thread "states".  The EIWA forum has one titled EIWAs. I won't say they're never written without the apostrophe but not normally.

isn't that like a southern thing? Like the difference between barbecue in the north and south?

BBQ in the South is cooking beef or pork long and slow outside using various types of wood &  BBQ in the North is cooking anything on the backyard grill.  Yes, very different!

Edited by cbg

You're correct.  BobDole is the one who initially stirred the pot.

By the way, I've got great seats for National next year in Pittsburgh!

I'm glad your seat for the nationals tournament is good. When Penn State wins another nationals championship you will be able to celebrate with them.

I'm glad your seat for the nationals tournament is good. When Penn State wins another nationals championship you will be able to celebrate with them.

So are you saying you don't call it Nationals either?

Keeping this thread somewhat on the subject of DeSanto - http://www.readingeagle.com/sports/article/ncaa-wrestling-renda-desanto-wood-eliminated-at-nationals

So are you saying you don't call it Nationals either?

Keeping this thread somewhat on the subject of DeSanto - http://www.readingeagle.com/sports/article/ncaa-wrestling-renda-desanto-wood-eliminated-at-nationals

When my schedule allows I attend the NCAA tournament, not the NCAA tournaments. I also attend the national tournament, not the nationals tournament. 

When my schedule allows I attend the NCAA tournament, not the NCAA tournaments. I also attend the national tournament, not the nationals tournament. 

Took a few seconds to find several actual organizations that use the term Nationals:

https://www.usta.com/en/home/play/play-as-a-member/national/usta-league-nationals-schedule.html (check the URL)

http://www.usnationals2018.com/

http://championships.usyouthsoccer.org/

https://baseballnationals.com/

Wrong. There is only ONE state and not "states". DF is a "State Champion" not a "States Champion." Nobody is a "Four-Time Big TENS Champ" they are a "4-Time Big Ten Champ". Randy Lewis is an Olympic Champ...not an "Olympics Champ." Only cheerleaders call it 'states'.

It’s called StateS b/c there are multiple classes being contested, thus plural. Yes - one who wins is a State Champ - but when you qualify, you are going to States. Just like you go to Regionals, or NCAAs; it is a conference tourney b/c it’s only one conference competing, but the Big Tens b/c multiple teams are competing at multiple weights.

It’s basically an abbreviation - State Championships or just States.

I won NCAAs, or, I’m an NCAA champ.

The Eagles are Super Bowl Champs - they won the PlayoffS. What’s the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Jasonmitchell32