GranbyTroll

Push-back against the 3pt TD?

I'm a huge fan of implementing a 3pt TD because, currently, it's not unheard of for the wrestler with the most TDs to lose the match. Look at Seth Gross' semis match. However, I think there are a lot of you out there who would prefer keeping the 2pt TD. What are your reasons? 

I'm a huge fan of implementing a 3pt TD because, currently, it's not unheard of for the wrestler with the most TDs to lose the match. Look at Seth Gross' semis match. However, I think there are a lot of you out there who would prefer keeping the 2pt TD. What are your reasons? 

It's a wrestling match, not a takedown contest.  Winning the takedown battle is just one component of winning the match. Sometimes a football team that scored more touchdowns loses because they gave up too many field goals. The solution isn't to make touchdowns worth 9 points. 

how about making falls worth 9 points......... you would have lots more guys working to pin rather than stall rides.

Pins have been so devalued they just aren't worth the effort to many wrestlers. Pins used to be worth twice what a decision was worth.

Says the Wade Schalles fan.

If a 3 point takedown got implemented, would have to raise the points required for a major and tech.  With the 4 point tilts, it make majors and techs easier to get than working for a fall.  Most of these tilts will never result in a fall.

how about making falls worth 9 points......... you would have lots more guys working to pin rather than stall rides.

Pins have been so devalued they just aren't worth the effort to many wrestlers. Pins used to be worth twice what a decision was worth.

Says the Wade Schalles fan.

They still are worth twice what a decision is.

Takedowns should be scored on artistic merit, a la gymnastics and figure skating.

Heroic takedown on the edge of the mat as antiheroic opponent tries to flee the mat to avoid the takedown: 10 points

Heavyweight slowly spins around his opponent during a sprawl for a takedown because his opponent was exhausted and just gave up: 0 points

How about we keep takedowns worth 2 points and but get rid of escapes.

Make the wrestlers start back up in neutral if the top man doesn't turn the bottom guy to his back after a few seconds.

Every time the top man turns his opponent over to his back he gets points, even if its for a split seconds. No reaction time.

Get rid of the 3 periods... 2 periods of 3 min each will do.

If you're winning by 10 points or more thats a tech.

If a wrestler throws his opponent to his back he gets 4 or 5 points depending on how high amplitude the throw is.

Also if a wrestler steps out of bounds the other guy gets a point.

No overtime, just some criteria in which the guy who scored the biggest move in the match wins.

If no one scores a takedown and the score is tied, give the guy who is less offensive a warning and if he doesn't score within 30 seconds of that warning the other guy gets a point. 

Get rid of locking hands penalty too.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Make the wrestlers start back up in neutral if the top man doesn't turn the bottom guy to his back after a few seconds.

Every time the top man turns his opponent over to his back he gets points, even if its for a split seconds. No reaction time.

If a wrestler throws his opponent to his back he gets 4 or 5 points depending on how high amplitude the throw is.

No overtime, just some criteria in which the guy who scored the biggest move in the match wins.

If no one scores a takedown and the score is tied, give the guy who is less offensive a warning and if he doesn't score within 30 seconds of that warning the other guy gets a point. 

Now that is something I would watch!

That seems like something other countries would do.

It's a wrestling match, not a takedown contest.  Winning the takedown battle is just one component of winning the match. Sometimes a football team that scored more touchdowns loses because they gave up too many field goals. The solution isn't to make touchdowns worth 9 points. 

Serious question: do you think that two escapes are the equal measure of wrestling ability to one takedown? 

Win by pinfall only or total riding time

Taking someone down and having them stand up just reverts you back to neutral! Why does the guy who takes the person down get rewarded if they just let the man up?

Serious question: do you think that two escapes are the equal measure of wrestling ability to one takedown?

really depends on who your wrestling. Zain? I'll take my chances on my feet before going down. Lee? Most don't even go down because an escape is not likely. Keep in mind that when you are down you are giving up riding time so that escape could be a wash anyways. I may get two escapes, but it takes serious skill to get away twice in under a minute.I like a scoring system that rewards all positions. Let's keep the scoring as is, but add a pushout.