GuillermoBilletas

Ashnault 6th year

My point has more to do with (1) when did the injury occur; and (2) how long did they wait to have the surgery to ensure he'd be out for the entire season?

... but maybe he had to get over the Zane/Heil-itis before going under the knife?

Are you new to the sport? Shoulder problems are as bad an an injury as you can get in this sport. Just look at Mcbono, delgado, Caldwell, and many others. I’ve seen it first hand end many careeers of teammates (back in the day).

I like how Rutgers and Ashnault all but declared he'd get a 6th year even before the season began. Did he even try to take the mat this season? He looked pretty good walking around in Cleveland to me. Methinks he came down with Zane/Heil-itis in October.

Have you always been such a dbag? You should ask the kid himself, directly to his face, exactly how you posed your question here.

Methinks you’d be sorry you did.

Injuries rob athletes and fans all the time so I really don't mind that he gets to finish his career however I don't see how the NCAA could of granted a 6th year under it's own rules. Not that long ago, an athlete that took a healthy redshirt and competed in 3 NCAAs would of never gotten another season. I'd be curious as to what information the Rutgers staff had that they were so confident he would be approved. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

if he wins it next year can we agree he would have beaten Dean "DNP" Heil this year?  

It's unclear if he tried to come back, but he was hurt and the season was shot so next year he gets a full season and Rutgers gets 2 champs.  

We could agree he would have beaten him , but we would be dreaming again.

I don’t see two finalists in the lineup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still salty that Cruz lost to Suriano?

Between the Suriano immediate eligibility and this, Rutgers must have some pretty smart people working in their athletic department.

Is there a bigger internet tough guy than NJWC on this board?

Hardly. This ahole continues to rip on kids he doesn’t know. Not their wrestling, their character.

I pose the question would he have the nerve to make these types of statements directly to the face of the people he rips, without even knowing them.

Would he call national runner up Nick Suriano “sorryano” to his face? Would he ask 3xAA ashnault if he had shoulder surgery specifically to duck someone?

Doubtful. He’d mention his dad winning something in 1913, then crawl away.

Hardly. This ahole continues to rip on kids he doesn’t know. Not their wrestling, their character.

I pose the question would he have the nerve to make these types of statements directly to the face of the people he rips, without even knowing them.

Would he call national runner up Nick Suriano “sorryano” to his face? Would he ask 3xAA ashnault if he had shoulder surgery specifically to duck someone?

Doubtful. He’d mention his dad winning something in 1913, then crawl away.

No worries about talking to Sorryano or Zane/Heil-itis "to their face" - they ain't capos, just a couple of cugine.

Man - what a bunch of losers on this thread.  Questioning his heart and balls?  Ethnic slurs?  All because your respective teams are either on the downturn or lost a prized recruit.  Fat, old, useless bassturds who never won anything in their life ragging on a 3x AA for tearing up his shoulder (and other injuries) which led to his missing a season.   

When you wake up Monday and have to kiss your homely wives, pass your loser kids coming in from a night of meth and Everclear, trek to your low wage, unfulfilling jobs in your crappy vehicles you can be supremely confident that your ****ty attitudes have correctly placed you in the universal order. 

I’m gonna poke the bear.

NJWC, did I or did I not tell you Lee would school Suriano and force him a weight up?

Going up a weight is now ducking?  Meanwhile when someone cuts a crazy amount of weight like lee does, what does that mean?  Was he ducking desanto? 

Lee won and had a great tournament, beat all the big names. But suriano was in bad shape for weeks leading up to that tournament. Lee lost to desanto the year before with knee problems. 

Can't see anyone beating suriano at 133. Micic is slick but nick too strong

I’m gonna poke the bear.

NJWC, did I or did I not tell you Lee would school Suriano and force him a weight up?

The kid was in the hospital for 8 days, two weeks prior to tourney you dope.

How many predictions did you kiss on this year prior to this “I told you so”?

Lol clown

Man - what a bunch of losers on this thread. Questioning his heart and balls? Ethnic slurs? All because your respective teams are either on the downturn or lost a prized recruit. Fat, old, useless bassturds who never won anything in their life ragging on a 3x AA for tearing up his shoulder (and other injuries) which led to his missing a season.

When you wake up Monday and have to kiss your homely wives, pass your loser kids coming in from a night of meth and Everclear, trek to your low wage, unfulfilling jobs in your crappy vehicles you can be supremely confident that your ****ty attitudes have correctly placed you in the universal order.

Well said.

Just a friendly reminder on how to put people on ignore, which always the best solution with posters whose content is toxic or you simply can't stop fighting with. Replying to "prove someone wrong" that is so clearly out of bounds of trolling simply makes things worse. 

Thanks again to JB for the video. 

Edited by Gantry

My understanding is that the NCAA tracks & limits the # of medical waivers granted to all of a school's sports in aggregate (not just a team) during a given time period, so it's not like any program can use 6th years as some sort of competitive strategy.

Ashnault was legit injured and could not compete in his final season of eligibility, so no problems here with him getting an additional year. In a sport rife with career-ending injuries, HEW and off-mat issues I don't see a huge issue with allowing a guy who wants to and fairly (under the rules) compete to utilize his eligibility to its fullest.

Don’t get your panties in a bunch NJWC. I got my two predictions for this year right. Lee and Yianni true fresh champs. Your Suriano prediction didn’t go so well and now all the excuses come out. Weren’t you saying the excuses for Lee weren’t valid at Midlands? Sorry, try again next year.

Going up a weight is now ducking? Meanwhile when someone cuts a crazy amount of weight like lee does, what does that mean? Was he ducking desanto?

Lee won and had a great tournament, beat all the big names. But suriano was in bad shape for weeks leading up to that tournament. Lee lost to desanto the year before with knee problems.

Can't see anyone beating suriano at 133. Micic is slick but nick too strong

What makes you think Lee cuts a lot of weight?

Sorryano won’t come within 4 point of Gross.

Edited by lu_alum

What makes you think Lee cuts a lot of weight?

Sorryano won’t come within 4 point of Gross.

He looked a lot bigger than Suriano and Suriano said he was having a hard time maintaining 125.  

Gross might be moving up too but if he doesn't, I don't see him beating Nick.  Hope we get to see it. It's too bad we didn't see Suriano vs Tomasello this year.  

Lee didn’t look bigger than Suriano to me. Other way around. It’s funny how everyone was saying Lee was too small until he started winning, and now he’s too big.

I like Gross over Suriano. His match against Meredith this year while giving up the full weight class in weight made me a believer.

Ashnault and his coaches both said he wasn’t anywhere near 100% but would wrestle if it was clear he wasn’t going to get the 6th year. I highly doubt he was ducking anyone, as far as Suriano goes you could clearly see LAST YEAR He wasn’t going to be a lifer 125. That guy is shredded and I doubt the move up has much if anything to do with Lee. From watching Gross in the tournament against both Micic and Wilson he’s not very good on his feet and Suriano really picks and chooses when he’s going to attack. Between that and him losing virtually his whole coaching staff I wouldn’t be shocked if he doesn’t even make the finals next year with who’s at 133 already and who’s moving in.

Edited by NYWRESTLER94