suprised he's looking to leave Cornell as the Associate Head Coach...Figured he would take over when Koll hung them up in 4 or 5 years or whenever he wants...Guess he wants to be a HC now and the longer he waits the tougher it might be...I'd like to see him land at West Virginia...I think it would be a great fit.

It’s a crying shame that ADs at places like Michigan State, Indiana and elsewhere are so quick to hire from within when candidates such as Damian Hahn are out there and looking for head coaching jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did Indiana pull that off? They have a resignation and hire in the same day? Doesn't the Athletic Dept. have to open up the job legally? Like Michigan did?

Could it have something to do with promoting from within that doesn’t create the problem. Maybe Michigan wanted to at least have talks although they likely knew the outcome, whereas Indiana’s AD had little interest in it.

AD at Indiana is fool.  Look at the contract he gave Crean, former bball coach.  Better yet, fault the President for signing off on that.  Nothing against Angel, hope he builds IU up in the B10.

Just life, weird how jobs open and who gets them despite many, many qualified HC candidates sitting in the wings.  If I were an AD at a big time wrestling school in 5 minutes, if you know anything about wrestling, you could put together a short list of awesome HC candidates.