I am excited to see Maple and Dake in action. I am actually pretty excited to see McKenna in action as well if we get to.

Yeah with this being one of the weaker teams we'll face a lot of the "back ups" should get some action.... 15 minutes away, let's go!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/19986

India World Cup bios

57 kg/126 lbs. - Amit Kumar

Second at 2013 World Championships… 2012 Olympian… Two-time India World Team member… 2013 Asian champion…Fourth at 2015 President Cup (Kazakhstan)… Tenth at 2014 Asian Games… Second at 2014 Dave Schultz Memorial… 2012 Olympic Qualification Tournament champion… Third at 2012 Asian Championships… 2012 Dave Schultz Memorial International champion… 2011 Junior Asian champion… Born December 15, 1993… Age: 24

61 kg/134 lbs. - Sandeep Tomar

2016 Olympian… Seventh at 2017 World Championships…2014 World Military champion… Fifth at 2018 Takhti Cup (Iran)… Third at 2017 Asian Indoor Games…Tenth at 2017 Asian Championships… Tenth at 2017 Dan Kolov Tournament (Bulgaria)… Third at 2016 Golden Grand Prix…2013 and 2016 Commonwealth champion… Second at 2015 Grand Prix of Spain… Third at 2016 Olympic Qualification Tournament… 2016 Asian champion… Third at 2015 Takhti Cup (Iran)… Third at 2013 and 2014 Dave Schultz Memorial International… 2012 Copa Brasil champion (Brazil)… Born February 4, 1991… Age: 27

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Pathetic crowd. Should be in Tehran every year.

Wasn’t expecting much, especially in early rounds, when two of the big name counties aren’t even there. May not event be overwhelming crowd for the finals. One the events being held in an area without a large foreign population, so you are not pulling in as much fan support for the counties that did attend anyway. Then you add missing out of Iran Andy russia so we lost the international crowd from those counties that travel well, lost the foreign resident crowd that would have traveled to supported them, and likely lost many American wrestling fans who want to see us face the big name international rivals not lesser known counties. Hope for the sake of the US getting future events that the finals fill in well, but it still may not be packed even with Iowa being a wrestling hotbed.

Being so close to NCAAs and the Iran/Russia combo made it easier to skip, hate to say it.  I was planning to go from Chicago with buddies and we decided against it after Iran dropped out.  Hard to pull off two trips in a month, especially with this one ending 6ish on Sunday. 

Wasn’t expecting much, especially in early rounds, when two of the big name counties aren’t even there. May not event be overwhelming crowd for the finals. One the events being held in an area without a large foreign population, so you are not pulling in as much fan support for the counties that did attend anyway. Then you add missing out of Iran Andy russia so we lost the international crowd from those counties that travel well, lost the foreign resident crowd that would have traveled to supported them, and likely lost many American wrestling fans who want to see us face the big name international rivals not lesser known counties. Hope for the sake of the US getting future events that the finals fill in well, but it still may not be packed even with Iowa being a wrestling hotbed.

Carvexcuses

I imagine viewership for this is going to be extremely low. I actually intended on going to IC for this event until I found out that Russia and Iran would not be present, now I am cleaning my house instead (thanks Russia/Iran... thanks a lot.) I was going to stream it but I am also not going to pay 30 bucks for a one time event with B tier teams that are forfeiting at their best weight. I have long preached a ppv model for wrestling but 30 bucks for one event? Not worth it for this.