spladle08

USA vs Japan 2:30ct

Love Taylor's style! Too bad we can't see this USA team vs. Russia's no.1 team. It'd be an amazing dual. JB looks smaller than usual.

tbert, Dake ain't beating Gadji, not this year or any other year. He got handled.

Edited by wfan24

Love Taylor's style! Too bad we can't see this USA team vs. Russia's no.1 team. It'd be an amazing dual. JB looks smaller than usual.

tbert, Dake ain't beating Gadji, not this year or any other year. He got handled.

I agree, I was just going back into the dake excuse archives..   it was sarcasm

His offense is absent. You're not going to counter Dake, Derringer, or Zahid best shots.

Zahid really exposed Hall's counter wrestling style in the NCAA Final.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We will see where he winds up but in FS his offense has not been absent. He is really good when on the head and creates situations where he gets FS points that do not work in folk. He also seems to have a, for lack of a better word, a good feel for freestyle. It suits his positional wrestling and creativity. He had a solid Junior worlds against a tough field with a tough draw.  

Nice thing is that we are having a conversation that; with even the extra weights, we have a log jam of seriously good wrestlers and somebody will have to win it. It has been a very long time since the US has had this kind of depth.

I am shocked at Stieber...what is he doing getting scored on like crazy? I thought he had patched up the holes since Yarygin.

I am not shocked. I am not sure where he patched up the holes. He snuck in, won a worlds, with essentially folk, and sick come backs. Then he was scouted, the best wrestlers now the dive in shots are coming, know he gives up points, and just accumulate them and settle for that win, or lay back and make him pay for  over aggressive not set up technique. 

This is Zain's weight. He needs to work on his tactics. Find something from the top that is not a bow and arrow (not enough time in FS to load it). Or just punish and kill some clock. And do a variation of Snyder (against the best guys) where he just wears you out with technical pressure, and mentally, and beats you late. He is strong enough, positional enough, and defends well in par terre to survive a TD without much damage, and obviously has good enough lungs to medal and win at this weight.

I agree, I was just going back into the dake excuse archives..   it was sarcasm

As a film geek, the stuff Taylor is using is old school. Really old school. Lots of variations but his style and scoring is 70's type scoring. And he has so many variations of what he does, it is not like; well he has this specific technique we will scout and be ready for it. Mentally he is, domestically a bit of a head case. Dake and Burroughs own him. Internationally he has none of that dynamic.

We will see where he winds up but in FS his offense has not been absent. He is really good when on the head and creates situations where he gets FS points that do not work in folk. He also seems to have a, for lack of a better word, a good feel for freestyle. It suits his positional wrestling and creativity. He had a solid Junior worlds against a tough field with a tough draw.

Nice thing is that we are having a conversation that; with even the extra weights, we have a log jam of seriously good wrestlers and somebody will have to win it. It has been a very long time since the US has had this kind of depth.

It's a beautiful thing to be competitive in every weight class. Great group of wrestlers who are dedicated to their craft.

I am not shocked. I am not sure where he patched up the holes. He snuck in, won a worlds, with essentially folk, and sick come backs. Then he was scouted, the best wrestlers now the dive in shots are coming, know he gives up points, and just accumulate them and settle for that win, or lay back and make him pay for over aggressive not set up technique.

This is Zain's weight. He needs to work on his tactics. Find something from the top that is not a bow and arrow (not enough time in FS to load it). Or just punish and kill some clock. And do a variation of Snyder (against the best guys) where he just wears you out with technical pressure, and mentally, and beats you late. He is strong enough, positional enough, and defends well in par terre to survive a TD without much damage, and obviously has good enough lungs to medal and win at this weight.

He won two epic last second matches at World's. An unbelievable performance.

I have never seen JB as big for the weight. JB just wins now. He is tactical. Smart. Technical. I learned my lesson off the last worlds when I said 2nd not first. For those saying he is not quick enough to beat Chamizo, well yeah Chamizo is at this point faster, and even more athletic. But JB, and for some reason this is a hard concept for people to wrap there heads around, has won on tactics, and technique. He hasn't been "just" an athlete with a power double for quite awhile now. Chamizo on the other hand,  for his amazing gifts, does seem to be more of the athlete who can be game planned.

He won two epic last second matches at World's. An unbelievable performance.

Two sick comebacks is my way of saying epic. He will always have that world title. And four NCAA's. He is clearly not a scrub. Just reached his peak is all. 

USA vs Japan

Gilman, looked good but unfortunately his opponent just was a little better. I think if Giman can fix a few things, he can have a better result next time.

Maple, is huge and I believe if he had he pressed the action sooner, I think he wins comfortably.

Logan, well, I'm not sure what the issue was, maybe the knock on the head at the start of the match just put him off his game.

Green, looked good in spurts, I think had he keep up the pace, he could've teched his opponent.

Burroughs, took a little bit to get going, but once he did, he looked like the Jordan we all know.

Dake, I thought he wrestled a little tentatively, but once he was able to secure a chest lock, that was all she wrote.

Taylor, Cox, SnyderMan, and Gwiz all went out and, in very short order disposed of their respective opponent.

No question Dake wrestled poorly against Gadji. That first take down was completely passive as he did not do any hand fighting and let his opponent control the tie. After that he went for a throw and that was that. Hopefully he learned something. I'm a big fan but Dake sometimes comes out very passive or distracted.  

When was the last time we have seen this much camaraderie from team USA?  It seems like we have a team full of Dave Schultz-like guys, from the standpoint of everyone wanting to help each other.  This team has gelled like no other I have seen.  Is it the atmosphere of CHA?  Is it Zaddick?  Is it the new weight classes that have now turned enemies into real teammates (Dake, Taylor, Cox, Burroughs).  Fun to watch. 

No question Dake wrestled poorly against Gadji. That first take down was completely passive as he did not do any hand fighting and let his opponent control the tie. After that he went for a throw and that was that. Hopefully he learned something. I'm a big fan but Dake sometimes comes out very passive or distracted.

Fair point, but the guy he was wrestling had a world silver. It’s not like it was Dake’s match to win. He was the underdog.

When was the last time we have seen this much camaraderie from team USA?  It seems like we have a team full of Dave Schultz-like guys, from the standpoint of everyone wanting to help each other.  This team has gelled like no other I have seen.  Is it the atmosphere of CHA?  Is it Zaddick?  Is it the new weight classes that have now turned enemies into real teammates (Dake, Taylor, Cox, Burroughs).  Fun to watch. 

I think this team largely has their ego in check.