Sign in to follow this  
bwh27

When was the last time Dake, Burroughs or Taylor lost a dual meet match?

I know that Burroughs is 27-0 in the World Cup, an unbelievable feat that I assume no American has matched and probably few wrestlers ever.  I don't recall a loss from either Dake or Taylor in a dual meet event such as the World Cup or Beat the Streets.  Granted Dake lost that Greco match against the defending world champ which was part of a dual meet sorta event, but that ain't folk/free.  Burroughs lost dual meets his freshman season, unsure if he lost his sophomore year, and I don't remember if the junior year injury against CMU was in a dual or tournament.  Pretty sure that Dake and Taylor never lost a dual meet in college.

Edited by bwh27

I'm getting old so I thought the two losses sophomore year were at tournaments.  If that was Dake's last dual loss and it's been over 7 years that's pretty pretttaayy good (h/t Larry David).

The two losses his freshman year were both at CKLV (Reece Humphrey and Zach Bailey), the two his sophomore year were in that dual meet (Donnie Vinson) and at EIWA's (Kevin LaValley).

Taylor never lost a dual meet in college and hasn't lost in World Cup action or on the Club team level or Beat the Streets.  And I don't know that he ever lost one in high school either (He was 180-2 but those two losses might have been in tournaments; not sure)

A list of some of his bigger wins (as of a year ago):

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/5065388-david-taylors-biggest-international-wins

Edited by dmm53