headshuck

Hahn to SDSU

Is this an upgrade, lateral or step down move for SDSU?  I am in the camp thinking it may pan out to be an upgrade, but for now a lateral move.  Great pick up for SDSU. 

I think that depends on the Staff Hahn can bring in. I'm sure he negotiated some good pay for assistants. Bring Louie Lazzari with him to help with fan base.

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

Is this an upgrade, lateral or step down move for SDSU? I am in the camp thinking it may pan out to be an upgrade, but for now a lateral move. Great pick up for SDSU.

This is a great opportunity plain and simple. The only thing lateral about it is Ithaca and Brookings are on about the same latitude. Edited by Gambatte

Yeah I called in two days ago, old news.

ALL HAIL BOB DOLE...be sure he gets full credit and a large billboard on the freeway for his calling this two days ago when others in another thread called in March and citing the interview 4 days ago. 

Edited by Idaho

I think that depends on the Staff Hahn can bring in. I'm sure he negotiated some good pay for assistants. Bring Louie Lazzari with him to help with fan base.

Crazy Louie Lazzari will never leave New Jersey. He loves the pizza there.

Awesome pickup, I agree.  He will have Gross, and a few others, but odds are that they are on their way down after next season.... Strategically and ethically, the best time for Bono to step out, still leaving the next coach with a bit left in the cupboard.  I hope in 5 years from now they're still thriving thanks to Hahn. He's a good dude, his enthusiasm is right up there with Bono's.   

Surprised he went there.  After spending 12 yrs in the trenches figured he was first up at a bigger name program.  Did they give him a look for WI job?

Is Grey next up now at Cornell?

Like any job, a lot is luck.  Lot of assistants go the nod in last 2 years - Minn, Michigan, Indiana.

Good luck to Damian, one of Jersey's finest, he was an awesome talent, made it look so easy, was just so smooth for a big man.  Kind of like Snyder to a degree.

Surprised he went there.  After spending 12 yrs in the trenches figured he was first up at a bigger name program.  Did they give him a look for WI job?

Like any job, a lot is luck.  Lot of assistants go the nod in last 2 years - Minn, Michigan, Indiana.

Good luck to Damian, one of Jersey's finest, he was an awesome talent, made it look so easy, was just so smooth for a big man.  Kind of like Snyder to a degree.

I would think Hahn leaving Cornell makes room for Kyle Dake.  Not many 4 x'rs are out there, the one that is an HC is doing a pretty good job.  I would have to imagine that when Koll leaves, it will be Dake's job if he wants it (and decides to become a coach). 

WI got the guy they wanted, Bono is proven