Idaho

So what's the deal with your screen name?

Named after one of my favorite bands from the 80's and 90's that was on Touch and Go Records. Plus a B-Movie from the 70's. Also referenced in movie Idiocracy. (Mike Judge was also a fan of the band)

It won out over Scratch Acid, Butthole Surfer, Rapeman and Brainiac. (All T&G bands as well)

But if I did choose Butthole Surfer... People would think Fudge Tunnel and I planned it. 

Named after one of my favorite bands from the 80's and 90's that was on Touch and Go Records. Plus a B-Movie from the 70's. Also referenced in movie Idiocracy. (Mike Judge was also a fan of the band)

It won out over Scratch Acid, Butthole Surfer, Rapeman and Brainiac. (All T&G bands as well)

But if I did choose Butthole Surfer... People would think Fudge Tunnel and I planned it.

You must be from Missouri (as I am) ?

Alyosha is the younger of the three brothers in Fyodor Dostoevsky's famous novel The Brothers Karamazov. He has always been a spiritual hero of mine. Alyosha's account of the life of the elder monk Zossima is one of the most powerful tales I've ever read. I recommend reading just that one section of Book VI even if you don't have time for the 1,000 page novel.  

So, basically, I like American wrestling and Russian literature.

By the way, I've been an avid reader of this board for well over a decade. I just rarely have time to post. Thanks to all the regular posters who keep it entertaining.

During my 3-year high school career, I only successfully took down anyone with a double leg. Well, and a dump if they stopped the double. Once my regular opponents figured out my two moves, I was toast.

Gambatte! Give your best. Even against insurmountable odds, give your all. A Japanese phrase I picked up training with Chuo University in 1973. Has multiple levels of meaning and grew out of the Samurai tradition.

T&G 25th anniversary was one of the best big shows I ever went to, so much fun.  Thought Larry from Pegboy was going to die onstage he was so tired...

Edited by Gantry

Pecor? Or is it pronounced “pecker”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That joke never gets old. French regional place name. Derived from Picardy, France. Came through Canada into US. Spelled Pecorè grandfather or great grandfather dropped the è. We pronounce it Pea core. Lots of them in Wisconsin apparently.

T&G 25th anniversary was one of the best big shows I ever went to, so much fun.  Thought Larry from Pegboy was going to die onstage he was so tired...

I loved Big Black, Scratch Acid and of course Killdozer

My freshman year of high school our wrestling program took a big turn on the upswing and we had our first year of major success in the state as a team and our coach had a talk with us about staying off the Michigan high school wrestling message boards. So being the good listener that I am, I created the screename Tec87 on there that I’ve used here and other places. So Tec which is short for my old high school Tecumseh and 87 was the year I was born. Lol