Idaho

So what's the deal with your screen name?

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

67 keggers is nowhere near 160

160 and 171.

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Whenever I see nhs67 I think Budwiser ... don't know why but ...

More of a Yuengling guy.

Unless it is a pun and calling me a Wise Bud.

In that case... got it. I am a Wise Bud.

But if you meant Budweiser, I'm a Yuengling fellar.

So freshman year in high school I was the JV 105 lber for our school - until the varsity guy broke his jaw in practice.  The next dual, I moved up to varsity, and had to wrestle a returning state finalist.  It wasn't pretty, but I went the distance (back then, they didn't have tech falls, instead a 12 point margin of victory was called a "superior decision"), and considered it a moral victory that I avoided giving up a fall.  But then our 98 lber came over, and sotto voce said "Dude - you've got mat burns on your shoulder blades!"

Edited by red blades

11 hours ago, red blades said:

So freshman year in high school I was the JV 105 lber for our school - until the varsity guy broke his jaw in practice.  The next dual, I moved up to varsity, and had to wrestle a returning state finalist.  It wasn't pretty, but I went the distance (back then, they didn't have tech falls, instead a 12 point margin of victory was called a "superior decision"), and considered it a moral victory that I avoided giving up a fall.  But then our 98 lber came over, and sotto voce said "Dude - you've got mat burns on your shoulder blades!"

haha....I had a similar experience but at 112 with our senior varsity guy not being able to make weight after Christmas break. 

17 hours ago, nhs67 said:

160 and 171.

More of a Yuengling guy.

Have you tried their golden pilsner?   My favorite now.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:13 PM, nhs67 said:

160 and 171.

More of a Yuengling guy.

Yeah I was thinking a wise bud who always has a couple keggers of Budweiser on the back porch of the single wide, never thought of keggers & keggers of Yuengling.  But sure, when now seeing nhs I'll try to envision a sophisticated ivy league grad drinking a Yuengling out of a high quality special cut & etched $50 pint beer glass.  :)

4 minutes ago, Schuteandscore said:

Schute - Brian Schute from Vision Quest

Score - Because somehow he continues to score takedowns in the match against Louden, even though he is already in control and started in the top position.

True. I remember thinking how awesome the wrestling was In 1985 in jr high.

On 6/15/2020 at 10:59 AM, jackwebster said:

It's my uncle's name bc I don't want anyone except Palantir, google, NSA, etc, etc to know who I am.

Oh, and my avatar is Maxwell's demon bc I want to come off as erudite and mysterious in order to further confuse anyone -- save Palantir, google, NSA, etc, etc -- who might try to figure out who I am.  The presumption that anyone might care to know who I am also betrays my paranoid arrogance, the same sorta paranoid arrogance that frames the Crying of Lot 49, the novel that introduced me to Maxwell's demon. . . creating an ouroboros of paranoid arrogance, if you will 

38 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

Oh, and my avatar is Maxwell's demon bc I want to come off as erudite and mysterious in order to further confuse anyone -- save Palantir, google, NSA, etc, etc -- who might try to figure out who I am.  The presumption that anyone might care to know who I am also betrays my paranoid arrogance, the same sorta paranoid arrogance that frames the Crying of Lot 49, the novel that introduced me to Maxwell's demon. . . creating an ouroboros of paranoid arrogance, if you will 

That’s interesting....or...is...it? 

1 hour ago, jackwebster said:

Not at all . . . I'm going Covid carzy. I'm so bored I'm chatting qith strangers on themat.com.

Not only that but look above, you just replied to yourself telling yourself about your "paranoid arrogance" ... yeah it might be a good to get out of the house and away from the keyboard for a bit.  ;)

7 minutes ago, ionel said:

Not only that but look above, you just replied to yourself telling yourself about your "paranoid arrogance" ... yeah it might be a good to get out of the house and away from the keyboard for a bit.  ;)

There's only so many times I can walk the dog or go for a run. You know you got first world problems when the free time to read as many books as you want, write as many songs as your feeble creativity will allow, and teach your kid every value lesson that you wish you knew at her age tastes of ennui.

1 hour ago, jackwebster said:

There's only so many times I can walk the dog or go for a run. You know you got first world problems when the free time to read as many books as you want, write as many songs as your feeble creativity will allow, and teach your kid every value lesson that you wish you knew at her age tastes of ennui.

Thx for introducing me to 'paranoid arrogance'! 

My JC team mascot was the Aztec's. At some point, I lost access to the account, and despite multiple attempts to gain access I gave up and started over. Hence, Return of Aztec.

I like how Aztec combines Az- (as in Arizona, where I lived for a long time) and -tec (kinda like tech fall). 

Thank you for listening to my story.