Shiraz123

Should they cut 79 and 92?

Anyone else feel these weights have watered down the product?  6 weights is definitely ridiculously low but maybe 10 is too much? I feel like 8 weights with day before weigh in was a better product. 92kg especially is reducing my excitement for 86kg this year, as a lot of potentially great matches are lost. 

Another thing, are they doing 2 day weigh in during the 2020 Olympics with just 6 weights? That seems almost criminal to make these guys do day of weighins two days in a row with only 6 weight classes. 

It’s not as if this is the first time that we have had 10 weights. I think it is great for worlds, but do like that there are fewer for the Olympics. It will make for more “super matches” between world champions. Ideal would like 7 or 8 Olympic weights though.

No, I think that eventually these weights will be filled with superstars like in the other weight classes. And with more weight classes more kids, young men will get a chance to wrestle and participate in this sport. Which hopefully leads to more people becoming involved in our sport. I think it's a win, win.

92kg especially is reducing my excitement for 86kg this year, as a lot of potentially great matches are lost. 

Not sure I agree 10 is too many, but I do see your point about the bigger weights. Sadly, UWW feels very married to the 6 Olympic weights and made the 10 fit around that structure in a strange way. Having the lowest weight slightly lower and then spacing better would be ideal. Maybe 8 weights from 55 up to like 88--then only 2 weights bigger than that.

You can always adjust in the Olympic year back to 6. There's always a creative solution for the qualification for the 6 weights even if they don't match perfectly at worlds the year before. 

Anyone else feel these weights have watered down the product?  6 weights is definitely ridiculously low but maybe 10 is too much? I feel like 8 weights with day before weigh in was a better product. 92kg especially is reducing my excitement for 86kg this year, as a lot of potentially great matches are lost. 

Another thing, are they doing 2 day weigh in during the 2020 Olympics with just 6 weights? That seems almost criminal to make these guys do day of weighins two days in a row with only 6 weight classes. 

Alas. The wrestling lost its great importance in Olympics. It used to be better!