Lurker

Who got the best of it?

Not to offend the openings still available at Cleveland St and Ark-LR, but I think we have seen the biggest splashes of this off-season's coaching carousel.  So which University got the best of it?

I have my opinions but thought it would be interesting to post now, then come back after practice and read what others think first.

I think SDSU and WVU scored the best.  My opinion is that Ben Askren would have been the best choice for Wisconsin, so I think they shorted themselves a bit.  But I fully understand their choice. 

Based on what? 

Serious?

All the initials and acronyms. Some are not on here all the time and not familiar with what they refer to.

UTM - very simple for me but I bet you don't know what it refers to. Will be surprised if you do without an Internet search.

AMA is probably easier - but I bet it is difficult for many.

Then we have D&C. One that was big at one time for many of us.

Why not just tell the guy what the initials stand for? After all, not everyone knows the initials without being reminded he has a major string of losses in fantasy wrestling. I think it is 743-0 now in favor DT.

A bigger question is, which team got the worst of it? Cornell or Edinboro? Koll is a master CEO, but Hahn truly received tons of credit for the product on the mat. Flynn has probably been the most touted for doing the most with the least. Cornell probably has the resources to minimize the damage, but I don't see Edinboro goin anywhere but down for some time.

A bigger question is, which team got the worst of it? Cornell or Edinboro? Koll is a master CEO, but Hahn truly received tons of credit for the product on the mat. Flynn has probably been the most touted for doing the most with the least. Cornell probably has the resources to minimize the damage, but I don't see Edinboro goin anywhere but down for some time.

I think Flynn left because he saw the writing on on the wall. Edinboro is experiencing declining enrollment and Lock Haven is now the big dog in that league. He also believes that he is a better coach than those at more prominent schools that have greater resources. (I agree.) I think TF will turn around the program at West Virginia. I think West Virginia won the coaching sweepstakes and Endinboro lost big time.

I think Flynn left because he saw the writing on on the wall. Edinboro is experiencing declining enrollment and Lock Haven is now the big dog in that league. He also believes that he is a better coach than those at more prominent schools that have greater resources. (I agree.) I think TF will turn around the program at West Virginia. I think West Virginia won the coaching sweepstakes and Endinboro lost big time.

My understanding is that in years past when other programs were interested in Flynn they were willing to give him more money but not significantly more money so it wasn't enough to justify the move.

I suspect that WVU made a significant offer since they are now getting their full Big 12 payments. Last year, WVU's athletic department brought in more money than UCLA and North Carolina. http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/