Sign in to follow this  
Tofurky

World Cup Attendance?

Don't remember the exact number but I think it was around 6300 - 6500

more than many WC and European championships (without WC 2010, 2015, 2017). I think the worst world was in Budapest, and i know Lalovich loves let make Cadet/Junior/U23 championships in ex Yugoslavia countries. There nobody interesting wrestling. I think U23/Cadet/Junior worlds most happen in France/Germany/U.S. or Japan. In rich countries. No in Iran, Dagestan or Serbia/Macedonia/Croatia. 

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

No doubt if Russia/Iran would of competed the numbers would of been up.  The event was awesome and if you were a wrestling fan that could of made it and didn't you missed out big time!

in Dagestan will be European chmp's , they have very small arena, only 5,500 seats. If they have 10,000 capacity they would they will attend 100% arena! 

First day was 6,388. Didn't see a second day total announced.

This seems pretty strong based on my perception of most international events. Anyone know how it compares to other international events. Admittedly, other than some shots of the crowds while watching matches I don't really have any idea what attendance figures are actually like for these events.