Two of them

And this is good for the room, to have a few Indiana boys. But the two that are coming in, fit the mold of all the other recruits Duane has brought in recently. All have had flashes of greatness in their backgrounds, with a little success mixed in.  All, ignored by the( have) D1  schools, and Schools on the up swing, and heavily recruited by D3 and so on. There are probably 10-12 guys, just like these two, in the room now. These marginal wrestlers, as profiled by the( have) D1 schools, jump at any chance they can to say they wrestled in the BIG10. And history repeats itself. None or very little development, and then half hearted wrestling , knowing no one behind them is going to take their spots away, keeps these programs in a ""catch 22 cycle. The cycle breaks when Brayton, Paris, one of the Lee brothers, a Micic, or Humphrey, Red or Tsirtsis, has enough confidence in the coaching staff,and comes to Indiana and actually develops into a national contender or AA at worst. And knowing that the coaches will attract other top kids, to raise the whole level of competition of the team. Me thinks, no kid will jump until the coaches show that they can develop an atmosphere of get after it wrestling, with success on the mat. So its back to the coaches again, its on them to produce.

I think Brayton Lee would have been interested in Indiana if he was a few years younger. I think once Escobedo gets the ball rolling he'll be able to add some good assistants and obviously some top kids. From what I have gathered workout partners was a big thing Lee was looking for when he was looking at colleges.

Just watched that match. I would not trust that ref to work a pee wee match. One of worst ref jobs I have ever seen.

He really wasn't too bad for the night. But agree, this one got to him a little. The big marquis final match of the night.

I think Brayton Lee would have been interested in Indiana if he was a few years younger. I think once Escobedo gets the ball rolling he'll be able to add some good assistants and obviously some top kids. From what I have gathered workout partners was a big thing Lee was looking for when he was looking at colleges.

Bob, all elite kids look for a good room with good practice partners,this was the reason kids wouldnt give Indiana a look. They knew they couldn't develop the kids.

Edited by southend

I have to think Indiana is going to land more top in state wrestlers with Escobedo at the helm, but we'll have to see.

Angel was giving hand slaps and hugs to the USA team members last night at the USA vs Indiana match. Something Duane Goldman would never come out if his shell and do.

Just watched that match. I would not trust that ref to work a pee wee match. One of worst ref jobs I have ever seen.

It was a joke with the stalling.  Don't make the match about you.  Its an all star match and those kids were going at it.  At least he gave a stall point against Indiana at the end to make him win in OT.

It was a joke with the stalling.  Don't make the match about you.  Its an all star match and those kids were going at it.  At least he gave a stall point against Indiana at the end to make him win in OT.

BS, pennsy. Teemer deserved every stall on him. Those were Teemers doins not the ref. Even with all the breathers he needed,  he still could have gotten another stall call or two. Maybe his style, go at it for 15 seconds, rest for 30. But Lee wouldn't let him rest. Thus equipment failure several times during the match. The last call on Lee  saved the match.  And deserved. If Teemer would have stayed on the mat for all 6 min  he would have been eaten up by Lee.

I thought the same.

He made himself a major factor in this match.

And a bad one at that!

Bob, all elite kids look for a good room with good practice partners,this was the reason kids wouldnt give Indiana a look. They knew they couldn't develop the kids.

If I remember correctly, Taylor Walsh was not so complimentary of Duane and his crew the year he was runner-up. Wasn't he saying that the training was all done by himself and his dad?

If I remember correctly, Taylor Walsh was not so complimentary of Duane and his crew the year he was runner-up. Wasn't he saying that the training was all done by himself and his dad?

That was during his junior year. He decided to go back to the way he was coached in high school. Yes in an interview during his senior year he attributed his final year success to ignoring the Indiana coaches.