22 replies to this topic

#1 grappler6

grappler6

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:48 AM

http://intermatwrest..._medium=twitter

One on one interview with Brayton Lee. Great kid from a great family. Very excited he chose MN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

used to be ocho, now I'm me

Follow me on Twitter or I'll follow you in real life. @CodyOcho5

#2 xander

xander

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:06 AM

Good get. Nice pick up
  • headshuck likes this
Tony Clifton

#3 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:55 AM

Indiana university losses another great HS wrestler. Lee will be wrestling Jacori Teemer this Saturday in an Indiana vs USA event in Indiana. 

#4 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:20 AM

How many of those Indiana All Stars will be headed to Indiana U? Not many I bet
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#5 BobDole

BobDole

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:30 PM

How many of those Indiana All Stars will be headed to Indiana U? Not many I bet

Two of them

• southend likes this

#6 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:37 PM

Two of them

And this is good for the room, to have a few Indiana boys. But the two that are coming in, fit the mold of all the other recruits Duane has brought in recently. All have had flashes of greatness in their backgrounds, with a little success mixed in.  All, ignored by the( have) D1  schools, and Schools on the up swing, and heavily recruited by D3 and so on. There are probably 10-12 guys, just like these two, in the room now. These marginal wrestlers, as profiled by the( have) D1 schools, jump at any chance they can to say they wrestled in the BIG10. And history repeats itself. None or very little development, and then half hearted wrestling , knowing no one behind them is going to take their spots away, keeps these programs in a ""catch 22 cycle. The cycle breaks when Brayton, Paris, one of the Lee brothers, a Micic, or Humphrey, Red or Tsirtsis, has enough confidence in the coaching staff,and comes to Indiana and actually develops into a national contender or AA at worst. And knowing that the coaches will attract other top kids, to raise the whole level of competition of the team. Me thinks, no kid will jump until the coaches show that they can develop an atmosphere of get after it wrestling, with success on the mat. So its back to the coaches again, its on them to produce.

#7 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:19 AM

I have to think Indiana is going to land more top in state wrestlers with Escobedo at the helm, but we'll have to see.

#8 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:53 AM

Hope you are right. This is all new to these guys.

#9 BobDole

BobDole

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:18 AM

I think Brayton Lee would have been interested in Indiana if he was a few years younger. I think once Escobedo gets the ball rolling he'll be able to add some good assistants and obviously some top kids. From what I have gathered workout partners was a big thing Lee was looking for when he was looking at colleges.

#10 grappler6

grappler6

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:17 PM

Lee with a big takedown in OT to defeat Teemer.

used to be ocho, now I'm me

Follow me on Twitter or I'll follow you in real life. @CodyOcho5

#11 Greatdane67

Greatdane67

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

Just watched that match. I would not trust that ref to work a pee wee match. One of worst ref jobs I have ever seen.

Lee with a big takedown in OT to defeat Teemer.

#12 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

Just watched that match. I would not trust that ref to work a pee wee match. One of worst ref jobs I have ever seen.

He really wasn't too bad for the night. But agree, this one got to him a little. The big marquis final match of the night.

• Greatdane67 likes this

#13 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:10 PM

I think Brayton Lee would have been interested in Indiana if he was a few years younger. I think once Escobedo gets the ball rolling he'll be able to add some good assistants and obviously some top kids. From what I have gathered workout partners was a big thing Lee was looking for when he was looking at colleges.

Bob, all elite kids look for a good room with good practice partners,this was the reason kids wouldnt give Indiana a look. They knew they couldn't develop the kids.

Edited by southend, 14 April 2018 - 02:11 PM.

#14 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:26 AM

I have to think Indiana is going to land more top in state wrestlers with Escobedo at the helm, but we'll have to see.

Angel was giving hand slaps and hugs to the USA team members last night at the USA vs Indiana match. Something Duane Goldman would never come out if his shell and do.

#15 pennsyrules

pennsyrules

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:59 AM

It was a joke with the stalling.  Don't make the match about you.  Its an all star match and those kids were going at it.  At least he gave a stall point against Indiana at the end to make him win in OT.

• Greatdane67 likes this

#16 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:26 AM

It was a joke with the stalling.  Don't make the match about you.  Its an all star match and those kids were going at it.  At least he gave a stall point against Indiana at the end to make him win in OT.

BS, pennsy. Teemer deserved every stall on him. Those were Teemers doins not the ref. Even with all the breathers he needed,  he still could have gotten another stall call or two. Maybe his style, go at it for 15 seconds, rest for 30. But Lee wouldn't let him rest. Thus equipment failure several times during the match. The last call on Lee  saved the match.  And deserved. If Teemer would have stayed on the mat for all 6 min  he would have been eaten up by Lee.

#17 Old Corps

Old Corps
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:34 AM

I thought the same.

He made himself a major factor in this match.

And a bad one at that!

#18 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,784 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:46 AM

I thought the headgear made the match about itself.
  • southend and WrestlingFan89 like this

#19 BobDole

BobDole

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:50 AM

The stall calls on both sides were warranted. The ref inserted himself in the proper manner during that mat.

• southend and herma48852 like this

#20 Tofurky

Tofurky

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:12 AM

Bob, all elite kids look for a good room with good practice partners,this was the reason kids wouldnt give Indiana a look. They knew they couldn't develop the kids.

If I remember correctly, Taylor Walsh was not so complimentary of Duane and his crew the year he was runner-up. Wasn't he saying that the training was all done by himself and his dad?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users