Sign in to follow this  
DF

Still over on day of weigh-ins starter pack

hardest cut was 9th grade. 115 to 98, could get to about 103 and then it was hell sweating anything out beyond that. had my coach for a class 3rd period, lunch after that, and PE 4th period. spent a lot of match days being excused from coach's class, putting on the plastics and about 5 layers of sweats, working through that period, lunch, and 4th period to make weight. coach got me out of PE, 'he's being physically active'

fun times

senior year I only cut from around 125 to 119. the fact that I was only 10 lbs heavier from start of 9th to start of 12th might hint at some lost growth opportunities from cutting, but on other hand my people aren't especially tall so can't say for sure. I could've made 112 that year but honestly the local comp dictated the thinking a bit....my district had two returning state place winners at 119 and same at 112 so my odds were about same at either weight. I decided as a senior to be relatively fat and happy.

coulda gone all in and tried to make 105, but that would have been a lot like 9th grade fun. nah.      

hardest cut was 9th grade. 115 to 98, could get to about 103 and then it was hell sweating anything out beyond that. had my coach for a class 3rd period, lunch after that, and PE 4th period. spent a lot of match days being excused from coach's class, putting on the plastics and about 5 layers of sweats, working through that period, lunch, and 4th period to make weight. coach got me out of PE, 'he's being physically active'

fun times

senior year I only cut from around 125 to 119. the fact that I was only 10 lbs heavier from start of 9th to start of 12th might hint at some lost growth opportunities from cutting, but on other hand my people aren't especially tall so can't say for sure. I could've made 112 that year but honestly the local comp dictated the thinking a bit....my district had two returning state place winners at 119 and same at 112 so my odds were about same at either weight. I decided as a senior to be relatively fat and happy.

coulda gone all in and tried to make 105, but that would have been a lot like 9th grade fun. nah.      

I had a teammate who wrestled 103 all four years of high school.  He grew three inches from the end of senior season to graduation.  He did a lot of eating in those couple months.