Sign in to follow this  
DF

Overdressed coach first time coaching a wrestler in the state finals starter pack

About 95% positive that the next to last picture is from Alabama state tournament where they require you to where a suit, or at least dress fancy for the finals. Clicked on picture. I was wrong.

Edited by Rocep

The first picture is Villanova's Jay Wright....He just won his second national title a few weeks ago...Got his Head Coaching start at Hofstra, which is why I am a fan.

Second. photo is Tom Izzo, the basketball coach from Michigan State....He won the national title in 2000 and has been the Final Four seven total times.

Edited by Hofman19

I know this thread is more of a joke, but state finals are HUGE for all wrestlers.  It makes it all the more meaningful when the coach recognizes that and lets the kids know it's important to them too.  Gym shorts and a t-shirt?  C'mon man.

Edited by KCMO2

I know this thread is more of a joke, but state finals are HUGE for all wrestlers. It makes it all the more meaningful when the coach recognizes that and lets the kids know it's important to them too. Gym shorts and a t-shirt? C'mon man.

You are from Missury. Don't you folks wear camo gear to weddings and funerals?

I know this thread is more of a joke, but state finals are HUGE for all wrestlers.  It makes it all the more meaningful when the coach recognizes that and lets the kids know it's important to them too.  Gym shorts and a t-shirt?  C'mon man.

Nothing stated above is factual. Thank you for the sharing of your opinion.

Top one is a lil over kill, but I thought the coat and tie were an understood requirement of the state finals.

JMO, but basketball coaches (Jay Wright, Rick Pitino, John Calipari, etc...) look as though they are successful Wall Street executives (they probably make more money than most that work on Wall Street) and many of the wrestling coaches dress as if they purchased the suit as Goodwill and didn't want to spend the money to have it altered.  Wrestling coaches need to up their game and look much more professional.

Edited by cbg

Considering the 20th highest paid coach in men's basketball makes more than 20xs what the highest wrestling coach makes, a significant wardrobe disparity should be expected. That doesn't even account for the fact that many wrestling coaches would rather be wearing carhartts and ball caps than a suit, period!