• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 iGranby

iGranby

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:50 AM

Sport generally feed off of each other. Its not a bad thing at all. I understand the idea of being original, but Its kind of hard in this specific context. 

Ill be really broad - the idea of walkout music. Baseball has it, BBall has it, any kind of large scale martial art has it. We have it in the NCAA finals. Many many schools have it for dual meets. Where did it come from? I dunno. Is it lame because other sports do it? No. 

Ill be really specific - Tucking your joggers, or sweat pants into your socks. Most wrestlers do this now. Was it "our" idea? Im not sure. I will say that I'd never seen anyone doing that before I noticed wrestlers doing it. Now, when I go to our athletic facility I see kids who play various sports doing it all the time. Is it lame because they might have seen the wrestlers doing it? No. (your personal opinions aside, I mean. Kids like it. Gramps doesnt.)

I dont think sports using things from other sports is a bad idea. If people think its cool..."why not?"  

Edited by iGranby, 17 April 2018 - 02:55 AM.

#22 GockeS

GockeS

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:15 AM

jordan1_090820.jpg

short shorts are making a comeback.

#23 iwrite

iwrite
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:23 AM

One of the main goals of the Hodge Trophy's creator was to expand the awareness and image of wrestling into other areas. For over 20 years, the trophy has been presented at halftime of football games, sometimes in front of crowds of 75,000 and more. Seeing a fine young athlete like Logan Stieber or Zain Retherford holding the trophy aloft may cause some  fans to say, "Hey, let's go to a wrestling meet and see what it's all about."  Over one million fans have seen the Hodge Trophy presented at college football games and that certainly is a plus in the marketing sense.

#24 jcjcjc

jcjcjc

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:01 PM

In a country where half the people get their opinions from Rachel Maddow and the other half from Sean Hannity, it's a good idea to dumb it down to get their attention.

I don't agree with this post, but I love this post. 

I'm contrarian by nature, and I was nurtured by a punk rocker and hippie. 

• iGranby likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users