Sign in to follow this  
Pinnum

NCAA Approves Alcohol Sales to the General Public at Championships

It was St. Patty's the final day in Cleveland with their big parade in between the morning sessions of placement/medal round.  I was sitting right behind a bunch of Wisconsin fans all weekend.  This took place after I think the 125 match of the finals Saturday night.....guy in front of me was passing out and falling forward out of his chair since the start of the session.  He eventually got up and started stumbling down the stairs while showing signs of almost puking, holding his hand up to his mouth and cheeks expanding out.  His 2 friends had to grab him and save him from falling on his face.  They were all missing for the next 20 minutes.  His buddies came back to their seats at like 141/149, but not with their drunk friend.  I wondered the rest of the night if they just stashed him in a stall in a bathroom...did they just walk him out of the arena and turn him loose on downtown....?

giphy.gif

Edited by stonerd7

It was St. Patty's the final day in Cleveland with their big parade in between the morning sessions of placement/medal round.  I was sitting right behind a bunch of Wisconsin fans all weekend.  This took place after I think the 125 match.....guy in front of me was passing out and falling forward out of his chair since the start of the session.  He eventually got up and started stumbling down the stairs while showing signs of almost puking, holding his hand up to his mouth and cheeks expanding out.  His 2 friends had to grab him and save him from falling on his face.  They were all missing for the next 20 minutes.  His buddies came back to their seats at like 141/149, but not with their drunk friend.  I wondered the rest of the night if they just stashed him in a stall in a bathroom...did they just walk him out of the arena and turn him loose on downtown....?

giphy.gif

Hard to believe the guy was able to go out and pin Myles Martin after all that.

Yuengling "LIGHT" ? I love the Lager, but never once would I go for it light.

It allows you to drink twice as much though. If you always want a beer in your hand and don’t want to embarrass yourself (not that I’ve ever done that...) it is a great workaround

The pilot program was at the NCAA Softball Championships. Different animal haha.

Kinda like baseball or hockey, stop sales after 157 pounds!

Imagine those R12 and other tournament losers with this option!

I think its great but will definitely add some flavor to the event!

I only enjoyed them during the semifinal round Friday night in Cleveland.  I can't remember exactly when I went out for my last one, but I don't think they had an early "last call."  I feel like I went out at 174/184 at least.

It allows you to drink twice as much though. If you always want a beer in your hand and don’t want to embarrass yourself (not that I’ve ever done that...) it is a great workaround

After turning 30 I realized it doesn't matter if I have a beer in my hand or a water bottle, as long as I'm having a good time not going all Wisconsin on my liver with a beer in my hand the whole time

Kinda hard on Wisconsin in this post, don't let your opinion of a few ruin it for the many.

I didn't mean to pick on them....was just trying to describe what exactly happened.  I felt bad for the guy in the story I mentioned.  I'm sure he and his buddies paid good money like everyone else for their tickets, and I'm sure he was excited to watch finals.....but then he passed out during the first match..lol

I didn't mean to pick on them....was just trying to describe what exactly happened.  I felt bad for the guy in the story I mentioned.  I'm sure he and his buddies paid good money like everyone else for their tickets, and I'm sure he was excited to watch finals.....but then he passed out during the first match..lol

To hell with them.

If you live to go the greatest event our sport has collegiality and spent your time in that condition, you're no fan but a juvenile delinquent.

Besides, who the hell can afford to get in that condition at $10 a pop?

Also, Yuengling is panther piss. 

So 60% of the time, Yuengling works every time?

Black and Tan is Yuengling's best offering, 1857 is second, followed by it's Lager imo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by cjc007