Sign in to follow this  
Erminio8

Transfers

I still see Smith at 157, he can arguably take 2nd this year and win it next year.

I like Fix at 133 if he can fill the weight. 133 is going to be deep and he is good enough to win it still. Meanwhile Picc at 125 could finish as high as 2nd with a good run. Brock is good enough to win 141 and inconsistent enough to take 7th.

There is still a lot up in the air about who will be at what weight for OSU - If history is any indicator you will see the guys going down to the lowest weight they can reasonably manage. The 2 biggest questions are can Jo Smith hold 157 and will Fix make 125. If the answer is yes to both of those I think you may see this lineup:

125 Fix

133 Brock

141 Gfeller

149 Lewallen

157 Joe Smith

165 Rodgers

174 Jacob Smith

184 Geer

197 Weigel

Hwt White

This is a line up that could compete for the national title even with PSU

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk Edited by paboom

There is still a lot up in the air about who will be at what weight for OSU - If history is any indicator you will see the guys going down to the lowest weight they can reasonably manage.  The 2 biggest questions are can Jo Smith hold 157 and will Fix make 125.  If the answer is yes to both of those I think you may see this lineup:

125 Fix

133 Brock

141 Gfeller

149 Lewallen

157 Joe Smith

165 Rodgers

174 Jacob Smith

184 Geer

197 Weigel

Hwt White

This is a line up that could compete for the national title even with PSU

That's a brilliant lineup.

Therein lies the folly of OSU's recent strategies for their lineup - they keep trying to move guys to weights where they ordinarily wouldn't belong; sometimes a team can get away with that on a couple of moves, but when you move guys out of their "comfort zone" not all guys, even some of the best, cannot function at the same level their reputation might suggest. Thus, while they may have a lineup full of "names," the results simply aren't there. The answer lies in the recruiting - they simply need to recruit for specific weights, as opposed to just collecting all of the biggest names they can - they need to let some talent go when there is a log jam at certain weights.

Therein lies the folly of OSU's recent strategies for their lineup - they keep trying to move guys to weights where they ordinarily wouldn't belong; sometimes a team can get away with that on a couple of moves, but when you move guys out of their "comfort zone" not all guys, even some of the best, cannot function at the same level their reputation might suggest. Thus, while they may have a lineup full of "names," the results simply aren't there. The answer lies in the recruiting - they simply need to recruit for specific weights, as opposed to just collecting all of the biggest names they can - they need to let some talent go when there is a log jam at certain weights.

or let them grow

Are you talking about OSU or PSU? Besides, isn't that called depth? 

What about Jered Cortez doesn't he have 1 more year of eligibility?   I do not see him on the Penn State roster on Wrestlestat,  he could probably help  many teams meaning possibly be a All American.

He already transferred once, I think that complicates the situation a bit.  Not sure the specifics though, I'll let someone smarter like Pinnum or SHP do the heavy lifting...

Cortez is done with college wrestling.

Is he done because he is out of eligibility or because he isnt going to wrestle?  Either way its disappointing. I wish he wouldve stayed at at Illinois.

Edited by JBluegill133

Ok state good lineup Geer will

Be real tough.

What do they do Piccinni?

That is the question. Will they go through a wrestle-off process or tell guys what weight they will wrestle. Nick could be in a log jam. The question is where is Fix going? If he goes 133 and everyone bumps up a class then I see Nick at 125. Nick is better suited for 125 than 133.

Edited by MikePorcelli

What was his deal missing weight at NCAA?

Reportedly beginning of the season he was 150+ and had trouble all year. Still a poor time to miss weight. He will be looking at a place where he can wrestle 141, at NU he would have had to wait for Red to move up to 149.