• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#161 justafan

justafan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:35 AM

Shomers and Oliver might be the only wrestlers left that are capable of qualifying, and who knows, they still may transfer. I think we are looking at Hofstra 2.0.
Cody Mulligan decide to go elsewhere?

Oliver Central Michigan is going to NC st.
I'm hearing Shomers is following Geer to
Oklahoma St

#162 Biclchuck

Biclchuck
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:46 AM

Miller is a teacher-Robie bated him w $ for a grad degree-great opp but doesn't have to do with Edinboro.   Shomers isn't even guaranteed $ after his first semester-he is crazy to go.  Mulligan plus another couple recruits coming in could keep them going--

#163 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:28 AM

Oliver Central Michigan is going to NC st.
I'm hearing Shomers is following Geer to
Oklahoma St

I meant wrestlers at Edinboro. Jacob Oliver. I believe he was a pretty good HS recruit 2 years ago.

If Shomers is gone, I'm not sure they qualify anyone.

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#164 Biclchuck

Biclchuck
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:23 AM

Hopefully they qualify

Shomers

Jacob Oliver

Tim Wallace

Cody Mulligan

Hill is very good at coaching all of those weights-

#165 Erminio8

Erminio8

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:12 AM

Hopefully they qualify

Shomers

Jacob Oliver

Tim Wallace

Cody Mulligan

Hill is very good at coaching all of those weights-

Tim Wallace? Isn't he going to Kent State?

#166 d-

d-
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:24 AM

Tim Wallace? Isn't he going to Kent State?

I read elsewhere that Shomers was transferring.

Intermat still has Wallace as committing to Kent State, though he did beat Mulligan by major at PowerAde.

#167 d-

d-
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:12 PM

Duggan to Shippensburg from Iowa, and previously from WV

06-09-18 Shippensburg Patrick Duggan Cumberland Valley (via Iowa/West Virginia) PA 141/149

#168 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,381 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:30 PM

Duggan to Shippensburg from Iowa, and previously from WV

06-09-18 Shippensburg Patrick Duggan Cumberland Valley (via Iowa/West Virginia) PA 141/149

And Lock Haven.

Kid is talented but blames everything that goes wrong on somebody else. He blasted the Lock shaven staff on the way out about Chance and other things. Looks like he was wrong. Again.
  • NYWRESTLER94 likes this

#169 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:10 AM

And Lock Haven.

Kid is talented but blames everything that goes wrong on somebody else. He blasted the Lock shaven staff on the way out about Chance and other things. Looks like he was wrong. Again.

Not completely fair or accurate.  Granted, the amount of movement has to lead towards part of what your saying, but his beef with Lock Haven was pretty justified.

Simply put, some guys aren't for multiple chances for guys that do really stupid stuff.  Say what you want about Duggan, but breaking the law wasn't what made him play musical chairs.

Now, let me be clear, I am as happy as can be for Marstellar, but Duggan was his roommate, witnessed first hand what Chance was doing and thought he got serious preferential treatment.  Honestly, he probably wasn't wrong.

With all that said, Duggan probably wasn't DI starter material.  Accepting that can be really hard.  I don't blame him for trying as many places as he could, hoping the right fit brought the best out of his wrestling.  Sadly, it just didn't work out that way.

#170 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,381 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:51 AM

Not completely fair or accurate. Granted, the amount of movement has to lead towards part of what your saying, but his beef with Lock Haven was pretty justified.

Simply put, some guys aren't for multiple chances for guys that do really stupid stuff. Say what you want about Duggan, but breaking the law wasn't what made him play musical chairs.

Now, let me be clear, I am as happy as can be for Marstellar, but Duggan was his roommate, witnessed first hand what Chance was doing and thought he got serious preferential treatment. Honestly, he probably wasn't wrong.

With all that said, Duggan probably wasn't DI starter material. Accepting that can be really hard. I don't blame him for trying as many places as he could, hoping the right fit brought the best out of his wrestling. Sadly, it just didn't work out that way.

He was a top 40 recruit. He had the ability to compete in D1 but he clearly didn’t have the head for it

#171 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:05 AM

He was a top 40 recruit. He had the ability to compete in D1 but he clearly didn’t have the head for it

Top 40 recruit does not automatically transfer to DI starter status.  Top 5 or 10, maybe.  Top 40 guys that don't pan out are plentiful.  He may have already maxed out his talent before reaching DI.  Couldn't match the physicality.  Couldn't improve on the mat. etc. etc.

He tried 3 different schools.  To me, that doesn't scream head for it.  It screams, he didn't have the ability, but held onto his dream for as long as he could!

#172 Tofurky

Tofurky

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:43 AM

Is Guenther planning on sitting next season or is Iowa giving him a rare free pass to become an Illini immediately?

Also, same can be said for Renteria. Does he plan on sitting a year and coming back for his last two in the black and gold, or does he head out of conference and start right away (presumably)?

#173 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:48 AM

Is Guenther planning on sitting next season or is Iowa giving him a rare free pass to become an Illini immediately?

Also, same can be said for Renteria. Does he plan on sitting a year and coming back for his last two in the black and gold, or does he head out of conference and start right away (presumably)?

I am sure Iowa won't restrict Gunther, but does that mean the B1G will automatically approve it?

As far as Renteria goes, I don't think he left on good terms, so I doubt Manning endorses a move to Iowa.......

#174 Tofurky

Tofurky

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:13 AM

I am sure Iowa won't restrict Gunther, but does that mean the B1G will automatically approve it?

As far as Renteria goes, I don't think he left on good terms, so I doubt Manning endorses a move to Iowa.......

I had heard the same about Renteria...

Gunther being a two-time qualifier might play into Iowa's decision. If they say yes, does the B1G automatically look at it and follow the wishes of their member institutions or do they make their own determination?

#175 Show_Me

Show_Me

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:54 AM

Not really a "transfer", but it is being reported on MissouriWrestling.com that DJ Shannon has de-committed from West Virginia. He will go to OTC this season and will look to attend another College the following season.
  • mlbruem likes this

#176 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,572 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:27 AM

NCAA just permitted immediate penalty free no permission required transfers. 
This arms  race just got another boost. Can't wait until a school wins a natty title with half their line up or more being poached athletes. That should eventually happen in hoops and wrestling. 

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#177 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:40 AM

This arms  race just got another boost. Can't wait until a school wins a natty title with half their line up or more being poached athletes. That should eventually happen in hoops and wrestling. 

Probably needs its own thread

#178 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,679 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:08 AM

This arms race just got another boost. Can't wait until a school wins a natty title with half their line up or more being poached athletes. That should eventually happen in hoops and wrestling.

NCAA drill left it open for Conference to make rules that are still restrictive than this. Not sure what the entails, but I’m guessing the major conferences will have something to say.

In the same meeting the board also adjusted the redshirt rule. If I’m reading it right athletes can now participate in 4 games and still retain their redshirt status. As it applies to wrestling I assume that would mean 4 meets and not sure how tournament would get counted (1 match = game, 1 tournament = game, or some hybrid of this like 1 tournament = 2 games).

Edited by MadMardigain, 13 June 2018 - 06:13 AM.

#179 IronChef

IronChef

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:50 AM

The redshirt rule only applies to DI football.

#180 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,381 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:30 AM

Willie Miklus is transferring from Mixzou to Iowa State

Super random

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users