Sign in to follow this  
Erminio8

Transfers

Skatska and Russell to MN :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skatska was considering leaving prior to Escobedo’s hire. Was hoping the new hire and addition of Isaac Jordan as an assistant may have helped him changed his mind but it hard to pass up being in a room with the talent Eggum has putting together. Nice addition to MN and big loss for a IU whuch needs some seasoned upperclassman's to help get their rebuild jumpstarted.

The 2 biggest questions are can Jo Smith hold 157 and will Fix make 125. If the answer is yes to both of those I think you may see this lineup:

125 Fix

133 Brock

141 Gfeller

149 Lewallen

157 Joe Smith

165 Rodgers

174 Jacob Smith

184 Geer

197 Weigel

Hwt White

This is a line up that could compete for the national title even with PSU

Kaid Brock & Joe Smith registered at 143 & 174 for U23 Nationals.

Kaid Brock & Joe Smith registered at 143 & 174 for U23 Nationals.

Fatties. I hope Brock stays at 141 next season though and hits the damn weight room. If he had some muscle he'd be untouchable. Joe will go to whatever weight Nolf isn't  :D

He wouldn't transfer in that case. Harding is a Sr.

Did he wrestle off for the spot prior to transferring?

Sherman was a true freshman qualifier. This year is likely his biggest jump. Seems like a fairly big risk unless Sherman agreed to red shirt this year.

I’m a fan of of Harding as previous posts suggest. Hoping he AAs and Sherman shirts.

Did he wrestle off for the spot prior to transferring?

Sherman was a true freshman qualifier. This year is likely his biggest jump. Seems like a fairly big risk unless Sherman agreed to red shirt this year.

I’m a fan of of Harding as previous posts suggest. Hoping he AAs and Sherman shirts.

I don't know any details, Housebuye, but I don't think Harding would've transferred if he wasn't promised a probable starting spot. He's a two time qualifier in his own right fresh from one of, if not the best, lightweight wrestling rooms in the country. I think he had to be one of the better guys to transfer this year and was probably considered a bit of a plum catch by UNC. I did read something that stated the plan was to RS Sherman, though.

I'm also a fan of Harding. I think he was roughly R12 quality THIS year, but no way he was getting past Brock. He did make the finals at the Scuffle last year (pretty good for a backup) but got hammered 10-0 by Mueller.