Sign in to follow this  
Erminio8

Transfers

NCAA just permitted immediate penalty free no permission required transfers. 

This arms  race just got another boost. Can't wait until a school wins a natty title with half their line up or more being poached athletes. That should eventually happen in hoops and wrestling. 

This arms  race just got another boost. Can't wait until a school wins a natty title with half their line up or more being poached athletes. That should eventually happen in hoops and wrestling. 

Probably needs its own thread

This arms race just got another boost. Can't wait until a school wins a natty title with half their line up or more being poached athletes. That should eventually happen in hoops and wrestling.

NCAA drill left it open for Conference to make rules that are still restrictive than this. Not sure what the entails, but I’m guessing the major conferences will have something to say.

In the same meeting the board also adjusted the redshirt rule. If I’m reading it right athletes can now participate in 4 games and still retain their redshirt status. As it applies to wrestling I assume that would mean 4 meets and not sure how tournament would get counted (1 match = game, 1 tournament = game, or some hybrid of this like 1 tournament = 2 games).

Edited by MadMardigain

Some of you think it is more important where someone wrestles versus what they need to do to take care of their personal life??  Wow......

Good luck Miklus....your family and health is way more important than wrestling and a bunch of idiots on a message board!

Some of you think it is more important where someone wrestles versus what they need to do to take care of their personal life??  Wow......

Do you know anything about the health situation?  If you do by all means share it, and if that's the case then I completely agree that that needs to come first.

NAIA Champ Demetrius Thomas (Williams Baptist) is transferring to Pitt.

Anyone know how good he is?

Edit: looked him up. He is actually pretty good.

Dominated Missouri’s heavyweight who was a qualifier in 2017. Didn’t finish watching by he was up 6-1 (3 takedowns) towards the end.

He beat CSUBs heavyweight, beat Tyler Love (UVA 2018 qualfier), lost to Boykin from nc state, lost to Joey Goodhart

For a freshman heavy that is pretty impressive, especially without being in a D1 room.

I expect he will qualify and maybe even sneak on the podium in a few years. This would be the year if he is able to jump levels as hvwt is getting much harder after this season

Edited by Housebuye

Anyone know how good he is?

Edit: looked him up. He is actually pretty good.

Dominated Missouri’s heavyweight who was a qualifier in 2017. Didn’t finish watching by he was up 6-1 (3 takedowns) towards the end.

He beat CSUBs heavyweight, beat Tyler Love (UVA 2018 qualfier), lost to Boykin from nc state, lost to Joey Goodhart

For a freshman heavy that is pretty impressive, especially without being in a D1 room.

I expect he will qualify and maybe even sneak on the podium in a few years. This would be the year if he is able to jump levels as hvwt is getting much harder after this season

Demetrius Thomas will be a junior next year and used his redshirt at Williams Baptist. Very intriguing as this guy is an athlete and will have better competition and workout partners.

Edited by MikePorcelli