Sign in to follow this  
spladle08

What's your US-OPEN bold prediction?

Tony Ramos does not finish top 6 but Lance Palmer does

Now THAT is bold!

I predicted Ramos would drop a match before the finals, but I'm hard-pressed to see 6 guys in that field who could finish ahead of him now that NATO is out.  Would be the most Ramos thing ever if he finished 7th in this tournament, then won at WTT and beat Gilman.

When was the last time Ramos made 125 with same day weighins, high school?  That could be a factor early...

I think so.  Ramos started HS at 103, but went up every year and was 125 his senior year (interesting side note, he beat Jon Morrison in OT in the IL state finals that year).

Wait so Retherford is not even going to try to be our rep for worlds this year?! Did I miss something? I can't believe he would do that

He has an automatic bid to WTT (doesn't need to compete here)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Spladle - see the link in my post above, Retherford is doing a camp on the day of the WTT finals. That means he's very likely not competing this year...

I just glanced over that part before I posted, I thought it was saying he was doing the camp during the open not wtt, hmmm gotta think if it interferes he will reschedule. He has a month to figure it out .

I think so.  Ramos started HS at 103, but went up every year and was 125 his senior year (interesting side note, he beat Jon Morrison in OT in the IL state finals that year).

Ramos and Morrison actually wrestled that year earlier in a dual meet at Glenbard North.  Going in, each were #1 in the country at 125 and 130 (Ramos 130 but dropped down that year to 125).  Ramos one by regular decision by a point or two.  

Mine is Dieringer takes top honors at 79kg, he's obviously the #2 So don't know how "Bold" that is, but Dake seems to be a "shoe-in" for World-Finals on these boards soooo bold enough.

I also think Fix wins

Gable places top 4

Joe Colon makes the finals

Stieber takes an unexpected loss

Molinaro wins a Molinaro title (all 2pt matches)

I-Mar takes home gold

And that's about it, not one to comment on Downey expectations but his fans are numerous and I'm sure they'll be some "bold predictions" about that.

So far aside from Molinaro this is looking pretty salty, obv once seeds came out Martinez and Colon predictions became much less Bold, but still, if Martinez, Fix, Ringer, all win, ill be happy about it.