Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingphish

Lance Palmer 70KG

According to his Twitter account Lance Palmer will be competing at the open. I think he can and will place pretty high.

Even if he goes 0-2 it is still cool to see him throw his hat in the ring.

Why would you think he has any shot at placing high. I mean I know of his accolades but he hasn't competitively wrestled for years. If he wins 2 I'll be very surprised

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Why would you think he has any shot at placing high. I mean I know of his accolades but he hasn't competitively wrestled for years. If he wins 2 I'll be very surprised

I agree, his ceiling is fairly low at this point in his career. I wish him the best of luck though, it will be cool seeing him wrestle competitively again.

Gut feeling. He isn’t just coming off the street and he doesn’t need to do anything too flashy. There aren’t a ton of big names outside the top 3 registered at 70KG right now so if he rattles some wins off in the consis I could see him top 6.

Gut feeling. He isn’t just coming off the street and he doesn’t need to do anything too flashy. There aren’t a ton of big names outside the top 3 registered at 70KG right now so if he rattles some wins off in the consis I could see him top 6.

Just checked it out, tons of wrestles I've never heard of, so you may be onto something.

I'd favor him in a few matches based on "name recognition" alone.

But like Askren said on Joe Rogan's show (after practicing with Burroughs and yes I know there are no "Burroughs" in the weight).. he said something like MMA conditioning/wrestling doesn't prepare you for actual wrestling, he said he had forgot how strong the people are, who do it all the time at a high-level.

Wish him the best, he has lots of talents but very low expectations for this performance

But like Askren said on Joe Rogan's show (after practicing with Burroughs and yes I know there are no "Burroughs" in the weight).. he said something like MMA conditioning/wrestling doesn't prepare you for actual wrestling, he said he had forgot how strong the people are, who do it all the time at a high-level.

Aaron Pico: 'I'm 6-0 against him, he's never beaten me. I would beat him again.'

Edited by BigTenFanboy

He had an exhibition match with Jordan Oliver a few years back, IIRC he was handled but I don't think he embarrassed himself or anything. 

Palmer said he's going unattached and Tervel offered to corner him. 

Good to see these guys get back in there, even if they aren't in contention for the title or anything.  Adds excitement to the event. 

Would also like to know what Ryan Lang did, always was a fan of his style

He can win some matches for sure, but this isn't a bad group at that weight as of now (Monday 11:45am)

Chase Pami

Hunter Stieber

Ryan Deakin

Dylan Ness

Frank Molinaro

Hayden Hidlay

Jason Chamberlain

Matt Kolodzik

Mario Mason

He can win some matches for sure, but this isn't a bad group at that weight as of now (Monday 11:45am)

Chase Pami

Hunter Stieber

Ryan Deakin

Dylan Ness

Frank Molinaro

Hayden Hidlay

Jason Chamberlain

Matt Kolodzik

Mario Mason

Looks like a few more big names have been added. I would like to revise my prediction and say that he probably won't place but I think he takes out one person on that list..