Sign in to follow this  
gmdband

Has Jordan Oliver Completed His Suspension Yet So He Can Compete In The U.S. Open?

Nice try Bobble Head Bob. Your pinball logic shows the early onset you must be experiencing. At least there is not much intellect for the disease to steal.

Was the 1-1 mind freeze that did it or was it happening regardless. You don't have to answer; I don't want you to hurt yourself.

What on Earth are you talking about? You are surely not all there are you?

Yeah, 1 year suspension from USADA for not filling out paperwork and a 2nd year from USAW for pissing them off by not wanting to compete overseas much.

Of course Bobble Head Bob, resident hate monger of themat, thinks he should be banned for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angry_Fish

Yeah, 1 year suspension from USADA for not filling out paperwork and a 2nd year from USAW for pissing them off by not wanting to compete overseas much.

Of course Bobble Head Bob, resident hate monger of themat thinks he should be banned for life

Where do you get the 1 year USAW from?

Edited by Lurker

Of course Bobble Head Bob, resident hate monger of themat thinks he should be banned for life.

One year, 365 days isn't bad considering you said it is usually a two year ban. 

One year, 365 days isn't bad considering you said it is usually a two year ban. 

Of course Bobble Head Bob, resident hate monger of themat, thinks he should be banned for life.

Are you saying that USAW moved the US Open and didn't organize a last chance tournament to explicitly exclude Jordan Oliver?

No. Date for US Open was set well in advance.

I’m saying they should have told him there was not going to be a Last Chance before he agreed to accept the one year suspension. He could have continued to fight it.

I’m also saying he should be granted a WC invite to Trials.

Where do you get the 1 year USAW from?

I’m being sarcastic. USAW not having a last chance in May like usual and (apparently not) extending a WC invite to him for WTTs.

This effectively ensures he is barred from Worlds for 2 years.

If USAW puts him into the WTT they will be setting an ugly precedent in allowing a guy that got popped for PED's to be able to compete via a special rule.

If it's true that USADA cleared JO to use that same medication going forward, and that it was closer to a clerical error than doping, I don't think it's a bad precedent to set at all.

All sorts of conjecture in this thread.  If this and if that .... allegedly this allegedly that .....

We do know that he was suspended for a year due to a rules violation.  Not making a qualifier due to being suspended is a lot different than not making a qualifier due to something like a horrific family tragedy.  I can see wild cards making sense in certain circumstances but missing a qualifier due to a violation sufficient enough to warrant a 1-yr suspension doesn't rise high on that list.  These guys all know by now to be hyper vigilant and suspicious about anything they put in their body.

So just some napkin logic here:

A) Typical suspension is two years long

B) Was given a one-year suspension

C) Will miss two years of WTT

D) By following the present state of calendar affairs, if he was given a standard two-year suspension then he would likely miss three WTT depending on exact date of tourney (2017, 2018,2019)

E) A standard two-year (de facto three year) suspension could potentially be litigated in the athlete's favor/ against USAW-USADA and would set a precedent

F) USAW-USADA most likely did joint internal due dilligence with their legal teams and boards, and arrived at the sentence handed down

Therefore,

Jordan Oliver was by all common sense standards given a typical two year suspension and is given the ability to begin wrestling competitively in any tourney EXCEPT US Open, WTT, and Worlds. Makes sense to me as a layman.

All sorts of conjecture in this thread.  If this and if that .... allegedly this allegedly that .....

Actually we do know a little more than the fact that he was suspended by USADA a year.....

We know that:

1. Oliver, 27, tested positive for amphetamine as the result of an in-competition urine sample he provided at the U.S. Open World Team Trials on April 29, 2017. Amphetamine is a Non-Specified substance in the class of Stimulants and is prohibited in-competition under the USADA 

2. Following notification of his positive test, Oliver informed USADA that he used a medication at least five days prior to the competition to treat a medical condition. After reviewing the specific medication and the concentration of amphetamine detected in Oliver’s sample, USADA determined the low amphetamine concentration was consistent with medication use five or more days before the competition.

3. Oliver has since applied for a TUE to authorize his continued use of the stimulant medication.

What we don't know for sure if his application/request was granted --- although there seems to be a lot of people on Social Media who believe (actually act like they know it factually) that his request was granted -- which based on my own research is not uncommon.  So at least I am considering it to VERY likely that his request was granted.  And IMO, this should affect USAW's decision to grant a WC or not.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6075733-jordan-oliver-suspended-through-april-2018-by-usada

So just some napkin logic here:

A) Typical suspension is two years long

B) Was given a one-year suspension

C) Will miss two years of WTT

D) By following the present state of calendar affairs, if he was given a standard two-year suspension then he would likely miss three WTT depending on exact date of tourney (2017, 2018,2019)

E) A standard two-year (de facto three year) suspension could potentially be litigated in the athlete's favor/ against USAW-USADA and would set a precedent

F) USAW-USADA most likely did joint internal due dilligence with their legal teams and boards, and arrived at the sentence handed down

Therefore,

Jordan Oliver was by all common sense standards given a typical two year suspension and is given the ability to begin wrestling competitively in any tourney EXCEPT US Open, WTT, and Worlds. Makes sense to me as a layman.

D is not true if Last Chance is back in 2019.

Actually we do know a little more than the fact that he was suspended by USADA a year.....

We know that:

1. Oliver, 27, tested positive for amphetamine as the result of an in-competition urine sample he provided at the U.S. Open World Team Trials on April 29, 2017. Amphetamine is a Non-Specified substance in the class of Stimulants and is prohibited in-competition under the USADA 

2. Following notification of his positive test, Oliver informed USADA that he used a medication at least five days prior to the competition to treat a medical condition. After reviewing the specific medication and the concentration of amphetamine detected in Oliver’s sample, USADA determined the low amphetamine concentration was consistent with medication use five or more days before the competition.

3. Oliver has since applied for a TUE to authorize his continued use of the stimulant medication.

What we don't know for sure if his application/request was granted --- although there seems to be a lot of people on Social Media who believe (actually act like they know it factually) that his request was granted -- which based on my own research is not uncommon.  So at least I am considering it to VERY likely that his request was granted.  And IMO, this should affect USAW's decision to grant a WC or not.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6075733-jordan-oliver-suspended-through-april-2018-by-usada

4. He was suspended for 1 year or 365 days from competition.

D is not true if Last Chance is back in 2019.

"D) By following the present state of calendar affairs" as in no Last Chance tourney and US Open once again falls within less then 730 days from initial suspension

I'm wondering, whether he is allowed to compete with a WC or not allowed to compete which is a 2 year ban, how does this affect our lives in anyway?

Kind of like the huge discussion of the disabled guys many years ago who qualified for the PGA on whether he should be allowed to use a cart or not when everyone else had to walk. 

What do I care, I'm not in the PGA.  Let Pete Rose in the HOF, I'll never be in it,

Am I the only one who finds the irony in debating whether or not it constitutes a two year ban on the world championships.....about a guy who has never made a world team?

Not when he is undefeated against the entire 65KG Domestic field and would eligible to wrestle in WTTs if USAW invited him.  

I do see irony in the (apparent) fact that USAW is not doing everything in their power to ensure that the best eligible American represents the USA at Worlds this Fall.