Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Zain Out

Zain is not competing in The Open, BtS and WTTs.

Did not look himself in March either. Assuming he has an injury of some sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not at the Open, but where do you get your information that he won't be at WTT?  

I got the BtS "news" from JO's Twitter Feed a few weeks back. He tweeted out a question asking who people would like to see him (JO) wrestle at BtS -- presumably an international opponent. But a lot of people responded that it should be Zain. JO replied indicating that his understanding was that Zain was taking some time off. I assumed that meant until WTTs, but based on what Pyles tweeted this morning, it sounds like Zain is out of WTTs too (and thus World's obviously).

I cannot confirm there is an injury, but when it walks like a duck.....

So this now means Stieber will walk through the domestic 65KG field.

BTW, JO is undefeated against Stieber in Freestyle. 3-0 that I can remember. Maybe more.

Edited by Angry_Fish

Pyles seems to be basing it on an advertisement for Zain appearing at a wrestling camp or clinic the last day of the World Team Trials (May 20th).  Hopefully, that is an error on the part of someone's scheduling but I guess we will find out soon.  Seems like it could or should be confirmed before starting a Twitter rumor.

https://twitter.com/CPyles8?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Pyles seems to be basing it on an advertisement for Zain appearing at a wrestling camp or clinic the last day of the World Team Trials (May 20th).  Hopefully, that is an error on the part of someone's scheduling but I guess we will find out soon.  Seems like it could or should be confirmed before starting a Twitter rumor.

https://twitter.com/CPyles8?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I agree that it should be confirmed, but there seems to a fair amount of evidence "Pyling" up.  

I got the BtS "news" from JO's Twitter Feed a few weeks back.  He tweeted out a question asking who people would like to see him (JO) wrestle at BtS -- presumably an intentional opponent.  But a lot of people responded that it should be Zain.  JO replied indicating that his understanding was that Zain was taking some time off.  I assumed that meant until WTTs, but based on what Pyles tweeted this morning, it sounds like Zain is out of WTTs too (and thus World's obviously).  

I cannot confirm there is an injury, but when it walks like a duck.....

So this now means Stieber will walk through the domestic 65KG field.

BTW, JO is undefeated against Stieber in Freestyle.  3-0 that I can remember.  Maybe more.

4-0 if you count folkstyle...if the ref understood what a takedown is.

Zain is not competing in The Open, BtS and WTTs.

Did not look himself in March either. Assuming he has an injury of some sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not heard anything, but his last two matches in college were very underwhelming for him.  I wish PSU would be more open about injuries and their athletes in general.  Cael seems to go the Bill B route, and I am not sure how advantageous this is, but I guess they can point to the trophies.