spladle08

US OPEN-freestyle discussion

Literally looked like a college kid vs a high school kid, in the opposite direction

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Just watched the replay. I knew Decatur was good but I thought Arujau was a level or two above.

edit -- tagging onto this, Decatur looks like he's ready to take home some hardware at junior worlds. 

Edited by steamboat_charlie

Just watched the replay. I knew Decatur was good but I thought Arujau was a level or two above.

edit -- tagging onto this, Decatur looks like he's ready to take home some hardware at junior worlds.

90% of the time I see him wrestle I'm like "how is somebody his size, age, weight, beating him" then I'll see an offensively stagnant performance and have no idea what holds him back

GABLE with the quick 2 . And 2 more . And 2 .more, thought Hall may frustrate him but nope, and with Rey out, look forward to him and Dom. I gotta give Dom a significant edge

Edited by spladle08

that might have retired steiber...

Really? 

I can see the critique of Stieber not being big enough to get back on top of the world at 65 with a style that favors being oversized. But a 1pt loss at the US Open with a style that is prone to upsets, which has just as much history of going in his favor btw, and you think Logie Bear is going to retire? I guess message boards are meant for hyperbole, but c'mon, retire?... in 2018 at the middle of an Olympic cycle....at age 27...when he's the guy with the most international success at the weight - especially with Zain apparently out this season?   

it's good practice for international wrestling... every match the brick gets thrown in at the end... have to simulate what they will experience later...

but, yeah... it's a bit obnoxious after awhile...