spladle08

US OPEN-freestyle discussion

Really? 

I can see the critique of Stieber not being big enough to get back on top of the world at 65 with a style that favors being oversized. But a 1pt loss at the US Open with a style that is prone to upsets, which has just as much history of going in his favor btw, and you think Logie Bear is going to retire? I guess message boards are meant for hyperbole, but c'mon, retire?... in 2018 at the middle of an Olympic cycle....at age 27...when he's the guy with the most international success at the weight - especially with Zain apparently out this season?   

i get it... he's your guy... fight till the end... but, in my mind if he was still super serious about world medals he would be down at 61 trying to win... clearly 61 is a tough cut and if he is not all about it then by all means, don't make the sacrifice to do it... but he is not a top contender at 65 even domestically... 

WIttlake struggling, around Oklahoma he's def viewed as a savior of our upper weights, wish he would dominate so I could join the bandwagon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Not a savior. But he should be a productive NCAA wrestler. Could be a multiple-time All-American if he keeps progressing. 

i get it... he's your guy... fight till the end... but, in my mind if he was still super serious about world medals he would be down at 61 trying to win... clearly 61 is a tough cut and if he is not all about it then by all means, don't make the sacrifice to do it... but he is not a top contender at 65 even domestically...

He's a contender domestically, especially with Retherford removed, just not head and shoulders above the top at our weakest weight. Well 61 may be our weakest but 65 ain't far behind .

Even domestically?  Come on now...   Would gladly do a sig bet that he's our 65kg rep at Worlds

i am not into all that, but, it is just what i am a seeing... i reserve the right to be wrong... look what gable did to me this week????

After typing that. Are we destined for 0 chance at 61kg I love Colon and think he would win it even if Maple competed but man, I don't think we have a competitor domestically I would expect bronze out of even if we got byes to the semis

Courtney looks good, taking it to Heinselman

HEINSELMAM has all the talent, just worried about him filling into the weight, one of those forever undersized guys .

Courtney I feel will be just on the outside for the next couple years, maybe a 1 or 2 time AA. #respectable.

I guess Nashon has the athleticism but not the consistency(?) 

I liked him at the lower weight a few years ago, and hoped that he'd mature into a contender.

After typing that. Are we destined for 0 chance at 61kg I love Colon and think he would win it even if Maple competed but man, I don't think we have a competitor domestically I would expect bronze out of even if we got byes to the semis

Megaludis taking it to Graff, he's looked excellent this tournament

I think he'd be out best shot at a world medal but would still give anyone 2:1 against a medal at the weight .

Gomez vs Decatur should be a points festival here

with as much weight as malik has put on this year, i think he will be fine... he is just a really late bloomer... he was still just over 60lbs first year schoolboy... im not saying he will ever be a big 57kg, but, he will be fine against all but the absolute biggest 25rs next year in college...