spladle08

US OPEN-freestyle discussion

Can someone post what time the finals are? Also are third place matches tonight or now? For seniors I mean.

Saturday, April 28

Senior Men’s Freestyle: Weigh-in +2kg

7:00AM – 7:30 AM

Senior Men’s Freestyle – (Session 3) Consolation Rd 6, Consolation Semi-Finals, 3rd 5th 7th place matches

9:00AM - 1:00PM

Senior Men’s Freestyle – (Session 4) Finals

3:00PM – 5:00PM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

What do we make of the fact that Gable teched Tanner Hall in the first period while Varner and Nelson had trouble wracking up points and won with much more narrow margins. I wasn’t able to look at the videos. Crap reception on my little weekend getaway.

Saturday, April 28

Senior Men’s Freestyle: Weigh-in +2kg

7:00AM – 7:30 AM

Senior Men’s Freestyle – (Session 3) Consolation Rd 6, Consolation Semi-Finals, 3rd 5th 7th place matches

9:00AM - 1:00PM

Senior Men’s Freestyle – (Session 4) Finals

3:00PM – 5:00PM

Thank you my man. Let’s see if there’s enough juice here to power my watching these matches live. Doubt it.

Gable vs Dom was super disappointing. He looked apathetic. And like he was wrestling his long lost twin brother. He didn’t even try to score when he was on the clock.

I feel like Doms build and strength/athelticsm really discourage most heavies from even attempting offensive moves, he's also not the most offensive but can be explosive and just a weird puzzle to solve at HVY. I dunno .....the longer Gable stays at seniors and gets a feel for what they can and can't do, I'm sure he will be at the top domestically ... inside of 2 years.

What do we make of the fact that Gable teched Tanner Hall in the first period while Varner and Nelson had trouble wracking up points and won with much more narrow margins. I wasn’t able to look at the videos. Crap reception on my little weekend getaway.

What I make of it is that Gable has real offense. I think it's pretty clear that a year or two of strength training and he's our guy at 125. An argument could be made that Gable's youthful risk taking is also a factor, and that he could learn his way out of counting on his athleticism - trading it in for the positioning techniques common with heavies. But looking at how undersized he is in the chest and shoulders and doing the math on his age, I'm pretty sure that the next couple years for him will show some big gains in the only area that he's missing: 25lbs of upper-body strength.

I don't think it's even a question of "if", just "when". 

Agree with spladle. Gable has at least a very good shot at cracking these guys. Even Coon. He is in my view more athletic than Snyder and hasn’t yet had the opportunity to train full time with top heavies. Snyder had a year in Colorado before college. Gable needs to learn to tie up with the big guys, move them and snap them for two periods. He also needs more conditioning to go with the behemoths. He seems worn down in period two.

What I make of it is that Gable has real offense. I think it's pretty clear that a year or two of strength training and he's our guy at 125. An argument could be made that Gable's youthful risk taking is also a factor, and that he could learn his way out of counting on his athleticism - trading it in for the positioning techniques common with heavies. But looking at how undersized he is in the chest and shoulders and doing the math on his age, I'm pretty sure that the next couple years for him will show some big gains in the only area that he's missing: 25lbs of upper-body strength.

I don't think it's even a question of "if", just "when".

I’m with you. He’s still got a baby face and a little chub. Meanwhile he moved up from 100kg because he couldn’t make weight. I think he’s a solid 240 actually. But he could love ten pounds of fat and gain twenty of muscle. He will also get used to grappling with these guys.

Gable looks so small out there, was even smaller than Hall. Is he about 240ish? Looked smaller but maybe it's because of his height...

He looked a little smaller than Dom and a lot smaller than Coon but not nearly so much as Snyder did.

Edited by BigTimeFan

to be perfectly honest, alltho0ugh clearly smaller than coon, i didn't think he was so small that there was no hope before the match... i actually expected him to look much smaller next to Coon... regardless, there was clearly a big strength discrepancy...

and i missed the Dom match... totally spaced on it happening...

Yeah the break is annoying. On the other hand it’s bettet to have some ceremony.

100% they deserve to be recognized separately..... however I started in on the whiskey 2 hours ago and I feel my thirst for wrestling should be quenched by immediate finals. :)

Seriously though can't tell you how many times I'm streaming live matches and go to click ahead to the next match (obviously you can't) because it's sooo boring. My need for entertainment is super unhealthy

Edited by spladle08