spladle08

US OPEN-freestyle discussion

Upset alert... Eierman / Stieber

Yeah I had an "unexpected Steiber loss" in my bold predictions, he needs to go down if he wants to be world relevant I know he had a nice win at the WC but his wide open style requires a size advantage and at 65kg he just isn't strong enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yeah I had an "unexpected Steiber loss" in my bold predictions, he needs to go down if he wants to be world relevant I know he had a nice win at the WC but his wide open style requires a size advantage and at 65kg he just isn't strong enough.

Major props for picking that! Doubt there will be a bigger upset.

All too apparent in this match.  He got to Eierman's left leg at will but couldn't beat his hips. I don't think he's world relevant at 61kg either unfortunately.  

Just watched Beard lose in juniors because he didn't know how to defend the gut wrench. He gave up 18 points on like 2 TD's. Ouch. 

i didn't watch that match, but, i get horrified every time i watch a USA event with how poor the par terre offense/defense is... it is shocking...

2 step outs and a nice counter throw by Coon ... 6-0. 

When Coon is able to get his over under full wrap (which starts with a deep right side underhook) and grip his own hands, Gable is going straight back and OOB.  Interesting.

Call was challenged on the lift.  Lost.  So 7-0 Coon.

Edited by nom