spladle08

US OPEN-freestyle discussion

He'll be a force at some point and I bet he comes back for 4th (Bradley/Coon loser could get him on backside... well hell he will have to beat Varner or Rey....) nevermind I don't bet that. Be will likely be in that 5th/6th match. But Coon is a mountain.... wow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Edited by spladle08

The takeaway... he is the future of HWT and he is still young and will learn from it. Kudos for entering with the big boysm

He is almost certainly the future, but that is not even a possible takeaway from that match.  

Being large and strong still counts.  

Ramos with the key 1 pt on shot clock defense. 

I don't think Ramos took a single shot; did he?  Rodriquez took a ton of shots and was put on the shot clock twice.  Ramos did nothing.  Terrible ref.  

Ramos needs to be Fix-ed!

When Snyder wrestled Gadisov at Beat the Streets way back when and made a good show we all knew something big was afoot. Snyder was a year old than Gable at that point (two?) and has spent the year at the OTC. This is similar. Gable was not able to compete with Coon’s size and strength and experience. Today. But he will get there.

When Snyder wrestled Gadisov at Beat the Streets way back when and made a good show we all knew something big was afoot. Snyder was a year old than Gable at that point (two?) and has spent the year at the OTC. This is similar. Gable was not able to compete with Coon’s size and strength and experience. Today. But he will get there.

You mean Gatsalov?

Snyder wrestled Gatsalov who is one of the most decorated upper weights ever and lost like 5-2. 11-0 and backing off the mat multiple times to avoid the match ending earlier against a guy who has never made a world team is a little different than that.

Yeah... hate to say it, because I really wanted to believe Gable was already ready to compete at the senior level, but you're right.  Still want to see how good Coon is too... maybe he's our best heavyweight?

Yeah... hate to say it, because I really wanted to believe Gable was already ready to compete at the senior level, but you're right.  Still want to see how good Coon is too... maybe he's our best heavyweight?

^^ this...

i am as shocked as gable looked in that match...

If Gwiz is going to beat Coon he is going to have to "bring his hips to the party" as Jim Gibbons might say.

I am also not sure if Coon and Gwiz even meet. Bradley and Varner will have something to say about that.

I think Gable's biggest issue going forward in the senior level is his lack of size.  He's relatively short and doesn't exactly have a huge frame. He's as skilled & talented as any American hwt, but it's hard to overcome 4-5 inches and 30-40 pounds when guys are that good.  He's going to need to add Snyder type strength while keeping his quickness and skillset. I think come 2020, it'll be a tossup between Gable, Coon, and Gwiz.

All Pacific obv. For anyone who was unsure

Senior Men’s Freestyle â€“ (Session 1) Preliminaries, Quarterfinals, Consolation Rd 1-3

9:00AM – 1:00PM

Senior Men’s Freestyle â€“ (Session 2) Consolation Rd 4-5 3:00PM – 6:30PM

Senior Men’s Freestyle â€“ (Session 2) Semi-Finals

5:00PM – 6:30PM

Saturday, April 28

Senior Men’s Freestyle: Weigh-in +2kg

7:00AM – 7:30 AM

Senior Men’s Freestyle â€“ (Session 3) Consolation Rd 6, Consolation Semi-Finals, 3rd 5th 7th place matches

9:00AM - 1:00PM 

Senior Men’s Freestyle â€“ (Session 4) Finals

3:00PM – 5:00PM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk