spladle08

US OPEN-freestyle discussion

What time approximately will Coon and Smith be? How much recovery time will he have?

Greco finals are 7pm-9pm (pacific) so after this match. And guessing the last match of the finals, so he will have a good 2 hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Coon has a semifinal in freestyle this evening followed by a final in Greco.  

Note:  Pacific time below:

Senior Men’s Freestyle â€“ (Session 2) Semi-Finals  5:00PM – 6:30PM

Senior Men’s Greco-Roman â€“ (Session 4) Finals 7:00PM – 9:00PM

Going to be interesting seeing Fix vs Terao in the 57kg semis.

I think both Fix and Ramos win pretty comfortably in their semis. No idea on finals but favor Fix since Ramos is so limited offensively .

Hayden Hidlay is a quiet guy that just seems to get it done and fly a bit under the radar.   NCAA finals as a freshman with only one loss to the Matrix himself (Nolf) and now might just end up in the finals of the Open against another PSU guy (Molinaro).   He took out Chase Pami and now has Pantaleo next.

Edited by dmm53

Hayden Hidlay is a quiet guy that just seems to get it done and fly a bit under the radar.   NCAA finals as a freshman with only one loss to the Matrix himself (Nolf) and now might just end up in the finals of the Open against another PSU guy (Molinaro).   He took out Chase Pami and now has Pantaleo next.

He smoked Pantaleo in the semis [at NCAA's] too... so expect to see him in the finals.  Pantaleo looks really sharp today too so I don't want to count him out, but I'm excited to see Hidlay/Molinaro. 

Edited by steamboat_charlie

We got any upset predictions for the rest of the night?

Y'all don't be surprised if Coon falls in the semis.

Not predictions since I don't actually believe them... but for the sake of guessing I'll go with

- Chamberlain over Molinaro

- Suefloehn over Martinez

Who does everyone have taking 65kg? I've got McKenna over Dardanes.

I think Dardanes is a bit too defensive and Eierman loves the points, and I think McKenna is a very good freestyler.... that said, I always underestimate Henderson.

So head says: McKenna

Gut says: go with the adult...Henderson

Either way. One of those 2 over Eireman in the finals

He smoked Pantaleo in the semis [at NCAA's] too... so expect to see him in the finals. Pantaleo looks really sharp today too so I don't want to count him out, but I'm excited to see Hidlay/Molinaro.

Each had 1 takedown in the match I believe, Hidlay broke the match open with a big 6 pointer. Pantaleo’s style is much much better for freestyle imo, should be a good match.

Each had 1 takedown in the match I believe, Hidlay broke the match open with a big 6 pointer. Pantaleo’s style is much much better for freestyle imo, should be a good match.

Good point.  I was there watching the match but didn't exactly remember how it went down, just that it was lopsided. 

edit--tagging onto this, granted it wasn't freestyle, but if you look at the Nolf/Pantaleo match in the dual, freestyle rules might have favored Pantaleo.

Edited by steamboat_charlie